Seneca Crane had received large backlash from the President, who had given him the strictest instructions to ensure Seraphina Faye did not live. And whilst the man did try, it seemed the girl would not lay easy. And he had failed.

The 73rd games were gritty and violent, bringing to light themes such as kidnapping and torture which had not been seen before in the games. The careers were bloodthirsty and ruthless, and it gave the Capitol the win from an underdog they yearned for.

Seraphina had received a letter a few days before her victory tour was to begin, the district 3 symbol engraved on the back piquing her interest.

Seraphina,

It is within my right to offer you my sincerest apologies for the matters you incurred inflicted upon you by our sponsors. Whilst the gifts were intended to your advantage, they were placed in poor hands... a decision I regretfully take accountability for.
District 3 thanks you for your true alliance with Clifford Steep, and with your victory tour coming up, I hope you may accept this apology that I can grant you in person.

Kind Regards,
Beetee Latier

The girl read the letter twice, her heart sinking slightly. She appreciated the apology, one she did not believe was needed, but District 3 just reminded her of the hole in her heart, one that was a dull memory in her dreams. The bat slamming down on the young boys head was a constant loop in the girls head.

She found it hard to keep still, always having to do something to keep herself busy and therefore taking her mind off what she had incurred.

The only thing that was constant in her life was Finnick Odair.

They had been writing to each other over the course of the 6 months. At first, it took the brunette a while to reply, too wound up with one foot in the arena to answer. But she found that once she did, she felt ten times better.

They talked of anything and everything. Life in their district's, their favourite hobbies. Finnick would give her tips on how to keep herself busy and her mind away from the games, and in return Seraphina would tell him about all her troubles. Finnick would promise to teach her to swim, and her to teach him guitar.

It was true what they had said. Absence only made the heart grow founder, and Seraphina was truly and deeply so very fond of Finnick. And when it was time to leave for her victory tour, a part of her was excited to see him again, despite dreading all the speeches she would have to make.

District's 12 through 5 were not so bad. The only thing that would really set her nerves was seeing the families of the fallen tributes, despite her hardly ever seeing the tributes during her time during the game. She gave her speeches, the crowds clapped for her.

It seemed as though she was well liked throughout the districts. They could see her kind soul throughout the games, and had sympathy for her. She hadn't killed any of their tributes, so those stops were easier.

She had even managed to make a friend at district 7 in Joanna Mason, the winner of the 71st games, just 2 years before the girl. She recognised her immediately, known for undermining and manipulating the Capitol and tributes into thinking she was weak, and then murdering many of them.

Joanna had noticed Seraphina dismissing Atticus when the man tried to offer her cards on what to say, and immediately decided she liked the girl. She had been sceptical at first at her niceties, but once she had seen they were genuine it was different.