𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝟏𝟒

I was Adopted by the Devil Ducal Family

His voice was small, but it felt like he was desperately trying to muster up courage. His two hands that were tightly clasped were trembling.

"....."

Only then did Luna stop laughing. Yuliana also covered her mouth with her hands as if she was a little surprised.

Then she stabbed Luna in the side. Luna frowned and said, "Why, what?" and then frowned.

"Well, your name has a better meaning than I thought."

She was the second person to praise his name after Pernia. Last night, Persia also laughed, saying Rose's name is very pretty.

Rose's face became a little redder as he was reminded of that time.

Rose bowed his head with a shy smile.

"Thank you."

Luna stared at him, and asked with a strange face, scratching the back of her head.

"By the way, mom said you were found beaten up by someone and unconscious. Is that true?"

Why is she asking that all of a sudden?

Rose nodded in wonder.

"That's right."

Two days after the incident, there was little scar left on Rose's face.

It was reduced thanks to the doctor's treatment and Rose's healing ability.

Nevertheless, Luna still vividly remembers when Pernia brought Rose to the castle.

There were bright blue bruises on its small face, and footprints were clearly visible on its body.

It was a sign of terrible violence.

Luna was bubbling up in anger when she saw it. She thought she'd find the culprit and crush him.

But before that, it was necessary to weigh the facts.

So Luna asked Rose.

"Why on earth did that happen?"

It's possible (though unlikely) that Rose was at fault first.

She heard that street kids stealing money is a common occurrence.

'Even so, I can't forgive him for doing such damage to a child, but I can give him a crumb of consideration.'

Rose's answer, however, made Luna's rationality break.

"It's because of the red eyes I have."

"...what?"

Luna didn't understand what he was saying so she asked again. Rose said, rubbing her fingers as she looked down.

"The man said he couldn't have a person with red eyes in the village. So, he wanted me to leave immediately."

"....."

"....."

At that moment, neither Luna nor Yuliana could say anything.

Although they were living like flowers in a greenhouse at the duke's castle, the two of them also knew that people did not have a good perception of red eyes.

Their father was nicknamed the Devil Duke, and his red eyes were the object of fear to people.

However, they had no idea it was this extreme.

"You're saying you got hit for such a ridiculous reason?"

Luna asked in an angry voice. Rose said, shrinking her shoulders.