𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

Lucian's eyes widened and looked at me.

Estelle did the same.

I belatedly came to my senses after seeing their reactions.

'Oops.'

I had to make an excuse.

I stuttered in a limbo from holding Lucian's hand.

"Umm- this... my hands were a little cold."

I said as sunlight was pouring down over my head.

Anyone could tell it was nonsense.

Fortunately, Lucian didn't point out my nonsense. Estelle did the same.

Estelle laughed and said,

"No matter how busy I am, I will be back for your wedding. So please tell me the good news as soon as possible."

Estelle said something like "angel of love please bless us with a wedding" and left with her pup-I mean- her lover Kalyx.

Before I knew it, I and Lucian were the only ones left in the forest.

I couldn't bear to look at Lucian.

I was embarrassed to death.

For being jealous of the relationship between Estelle and Lucian, and spouting ridiculous excuses.

But we couldn't stay like this all the time. I looked around and slowly lifted my hand from his hand.

But his fallen hand held my mine again. He didn't just grab it half-heartedly like I did. He locked his fingers with mine tightly.

"······!"

My eyes widened and looked at Lucian.

Lucian said.

"My hands are a little cold, too."

"·······!"

"Can you hold my hand a little longer?"

His silver eyelashes were fluttering. His beautiful face was red all the way to the tips of his ears.

Nevertheless, his hand, which held my hand, was firm.

Like he never wanted to let go of my hand.

I looked at Lucian with a complicated expression and opened my mouth.

"Lord Kardien, what I said earlier was a lie. I didn't want your hands because I was cold. I just didn't want you to look at Estelle."

Lucian's eyes grew wide as if he had heard something unexpected.

Lucian said with an offended face.

"Didn't I tell you on the day I confessed? I only have the lady in my heart. I don't have any feelings for Estelle anymore."

"I know, but I can't accept the fact that you like me easily! What can I do but doubt it!"

I was just a supporting villain, not a female lead.

I wasn't as lovely as Estelle, and I didn't have a great personality.

I'm not like the Estelle that saved Lucian.

I couldn't easily believe he liked me.

So I pushed him away.

I pushed him away once, he came at me again. When I pushed him away a second time, he came at me a third time.

So if he approached me a tenth time, I'll pretend to lose and accept his feelings....

"You shouldn't pretend like there's a line between us or like you've never confessed. A man should have grit!"