𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔

Lucian looked at me with a puzzled face and sighed quietly.

And held my hand.

When Lucian and I held hands, all eyes in the banquet hall turned to us.

After a while, Lucian and I began to step to the music. Looking at Lucian's face full of tension, I giggled.

"Fortunately, you didn't forget how to dance."

"I don't forget things I've memorized easily. I'm just worried my body won't move properly."

Lucian's face hardened at the thought that he might make a terrible mistake.

Whenever I took a step, I felt his body become rigid.

I laughed jokingly to relax him.

"It's okay to make some mistakes. We're not even the main guests."

"People will judge you too."

"....."

"I'd hate to bring shame to you."

.... How can this person always be so considerate of me?

Trying to hold onto my pounding heart, I held Lucian's hand and spun around.

I was feeling really happy for the night.

After the banquet, Lucian and I walked side by side on the road.

We were the only two people on the empty street as it was late at night.

The winter breeze was chilly, but I felt cozy thanks to Lucian's jacket over my shoulder.

I was drunk from drinking wine at the banquet, so I chatted with more enthusiasm than usual.

"Next time, I'm going to hold a banquet. There will be so many people who would want to talk to me about makeup. Because of that, I'll have to be on alert. It's also been a really long time since I've prepared a banquet."

"You look happy."

"Hehe, can you tell? I am very happy."

Previously, I was just a side villainess character.

A beautiful villainess who only knows how to bully others.

But not now.

"People have been praising me for my great skills. They also really enjoy talking to me. That's a good thing. Lucian, you know what this feels, right?"

Lucian was also someone who started from the bottom when no one recognized him.

A cursed child with red eyes. How happy he must have been when he was fully recognized for his ability amidst such prejudice.

I think I got to understand him better.

Thinking so, I said.

"I don't know if I can achieve as much as Lucian, but I'm going to try."

"Try what?"

"I'm going to work hard for this. I'm going to study various makeup techniques and launch my own brand of cosmetics."

"Oh..."

Lucian blinked as if he had heard something unexpected. I smiled awkwardly.

Was that a bit random?

But this was a huge opportunity for me. An opportunity to make my life more purposeful and meaningful.

It was great living everyday in leisure, rolling around like a seal, but I also wanted to live a life full of passion, like a burning flame.

✔ I'm the Wife of the Yandere Second Male Leadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें