𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝟏𝟑

Start from the beginning

"Let's see."

As she said earlier, she began to scrutinize the child.

If there are any soap bubbles left on his hair. If his earlobe is cleaned.

"Ah~"

Only after looking inside the child's wide open mouth did she smile with satisfaction.

"You washed yourself very well."

Then she sat the child down in front of her and started drying his hair with a towel.

The child closed his eyes tightly as he felt Pernea's body heat behind him.

'What, what? Why is madam drying the hair of a boy like me?'

But Pernia, unaware of the child's feelings, ran her hand through his flowing silver hair and smiled.

"How can it shine so brightly? It's like a spider web covered in morning dew."

It was the first time he heard that.

He's heard many times that his hair color is dull and not like a child's.

The child somehow felt flustered and lowered his head. His little face was as red as an apple.

The Duchess' shocking actions did not stop there.

"Do you want to stay here?"

The child blinked in disbelief.

Pernia nodded.

"The doctor said that your body is very sick from living outside for so long. You are malnourished, and you need to rest for a few days and eat well."

"......."

"Most of all, there's a big blizzard outside right now. You'll be in trouble if you go out in this weather. So just relax here until the blizzard stops."

But he couldn't believe she was telling a child who she doesn't even know the name of to stay in her castle.

The child couldn't understand why the Duchess was so kind to him.

'Is it because she feels sorry for me?'

'Or is it the passing whims of the Duchess?'

Any of those reasons was harsh for a child, but the child was okay with any reason.

The room with the wood fire was so warm, the clothes he wore smelled good, and most of all...

"You look prettier after washing up."

He liked the Duchess who stroked my hair and smiled at him.

It's been a long time since someone welcomed him so purely and warmly.

So the child wanted to stay with her a little longer, even if it was only a few days.

The child put his hands together neatly and bowed his head.

"T-thank you, ma'am."

The child bowed his head so deeply that it seemed as if his small head would touch the floor.

Pernia lowered her eyebrows as she looked at the child.

She raised the child and spoke softly.

"You are not a servant working in the castle. To put it bluntly, you are a guest I brought. So why don't you call me by name rather than madam?"

"Your name?"

"Yes, it's Pernia."

No way.

He was uneducated, but he knew this.