Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers

Start from the beginning

"Mmm. Y/n?" Tifa called as Y/n lightly shook her awake. "Hey." He smiled, extending his hand which she took. "What happened?" Tifa asked as she was helped to her feet. "Corneo dumped us down a trapdoor into the sewers." Aerith had woken up as well and stood up. "We have to get to Sector 7." She said without hesitation. "Yeah." Cloud agreed. "That bastard!" Tifa shouted in frustration.

A roar, followed by a chain rattling, caused the four to turn towards an opening on the wall where a massive beast crawled out of.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Tifa exclaimed as she readied herself for a fight

"You gotta be kidding me!" Tifa exclaimed as she readied herself for a fight. "Good to go?" Cloud asked. "You bet!" "Bring it on!" "Let's do it!"

The Abzu slammed its fists onto the ground, but the four easily dodged the attack. Tifa was quick to retaliate by back flip kicking the beast's snout, causing it to stumble. Cloud lept to try and slash it, but the Abzu caught him and threw him towards Aerith, knocking them down. Y/n used his Engine Blade to warp strike the beast, impaling its thigh, causing the Abzu to roar in pain and anger. The beast punched Y/n, disorienting the prince before he slammed him against the wall. Tifa gritted her teeth in anger and charged at the Abzu, hitting it with an uppercut and dive kicking its torso. Her strength alone was able to knock the creature down, but not for long. As Tifa tried to charge the Abzu again, it crashed its tail into her, sending the girl rolling across the floor. Cloud and Aerith got back up and the staff user casted a fire spell which ignited the beast. As the Abzu flailed around, Cloud managed to slash an x onto its torso. Cloud tried to finish it off with one last thrust, but it kicked him away with its hoove and quickly ran towards the pool of sewage water nearby.

This moment of absence by the Abzu allowed the four to compose themselves. The Abzu jumped out of the water and hung onto a pipe. He looked at the four and pounced towards them. All but Tifa were able to evade the Abzu, who readied its claws to strike. Y/n quickly warped towards the beast and impaled its neck with his Drain Lance. As the Abzu roared, Y/n helped Tifa back to her feet and the pair drew distance. Before the Abzu could strike, Aerith once again casted a fire spell and followed it up by sending a surge of electricity from her staff. The Abzu ignited and the electricity caused an explosion, sending the Abzu flying into the wall. Before the Abzu could recover, Tifa rushed towards it and drop kicked the beast back onto the wall, causing pieces of the wall to fall. "Now guys!" Y/n and Cloud nodded. Cloud rushed in and impaled the Abzu with his sword and Y/n followed by using Ziedrich to push the blade deeper inside. The force was enough to cause the wall to cave in, crushing the creature underneath the rubble.

"The hell was that thing?" Asked Y/n as he panted. "Probably Corneo's pet." Answered Cloud as he placed his sword onto his back. "And we were dinner." Aerith made a strange noise as she looked down at the crushed creature. "Hey..." Tifa called, her face showing nothing but worry. "You don't believe that crazy story or his, do you? Shinra wouldn't sacrifice a whole sector just to take out Avalanche, would they? Destroying part if the city. Killing all those people, just to get at us?" "I dunno." Began Cloud. "Is Corneo the kind of guy who'd make up shit just to screw with you?" "I wouldn't put it past him." "But, if he was telling the truth... and there still is a chance he was, isn't there? Then we should go." Said Aerith. "And if it turns out he was lying, then so what? Right?" Cloud and Tifa nodded. Aerith looked at Y/n who was deep in thought. "What do you think, Prince Y/n?" "Huh?" "She knows?" Tifa looked at Cloud who nodded. "I'm not sure if we should take what Corneo said lightly." Y/n said. "He could've been trying to mess with us, but I saw the fear in his eyes when he was trying not to tell us. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Shinra is absolutely plotting something." He looked at Tifa who looked down with sadness in her eyes. "All the more reason to get outta here."