3 | TRUTH SPURTS

Never in my life had a day felt so slow, not even that god-awful day I had a six-hour legal exam. I needed this day to do its thing so the bar would open and I could track down the silver-eyed mystery hunk.

The sooner I got this done and out of my head, the better. This morning, I had repeatedly boiled water for tea but never got the cup. Why? Because I kept staring out the window, biting my lip and wondering if this man's game could be as good as I imagined.

I shook my head from yet another reverie. This was getting ridiculous. I needed help from my fellow WAPs and BFFs: Dom, Kora, Selena, and Mia.

WAP, the Weekend Assist Program, was an initiative we started to reduce the time spent searching for a one-night stand. It was a hook-up service roster that solved our tricky triad of issues: busy lives, constant horniness, and a stronger gag reflex to the word "commitment" than the worst cocksucker.

Dom and Selena were the ringleaders. They went as far as organizing mixers for the sole purpose of getting contact information for any hotties we liked. We had a true sisterhood.

We also had a group chat for anything: emergencies, bitching, shaft game comparisons, fashion advice, and whatnot. Right now, I just needed to get out of my head. The silver-eyed stud had fucked with my mind seven ways till Sunday, and the only people who could make it better were my girls and Dom.

I fired off a text.

SAVAGE ROSES

Me: Morning, my loves. It's a beautiful day. I need a distraction. Everybody wake up.

Kora: I'll mute this group's notifications one day.

Kora was a pediatric doctor, great with kids, and title holder of "Fastest Ring Ditcher." Eloping and ditching husbands at least thrice a year, she was the definition of commitment-phobic, and a key member of "WAP." She'd also been my friend since our boarding school days.

Dom: Preach it, Doc! You and I work late nights. I'm turning off my phone and going back to sleep. See you later, Gorgeous.

Dom was the effervescent leader of our group and my personal bestest friend. He was a master at mixing drinks and convincing us to try all kinds of things. Partying with him was out-of-this-world legendary, but the best thing about him was his heart of gold. His empathy was boundless.

Mia: Guys, I think I need a new hair curler. This one keeps switching on and off. Probably be late. Going back to finish my hair. Tris, why do you need a distraction?

The youngest WAP, Mia already owned a real estate company at only twenty-five. She was also our Recreational Drugs Liaison. Whenever we took overseas trips, we could count on Mia to make the fastest connections, ensuring enough supply of weed, molly, and anything else we wanted. She was our real-life unicorn—a Mother Teresa with an El Chapo alter ego. Simply fabulous.

Me: Selena has to be here for this and then I'll tell you guys everything. Where is she? Selenaaa.

Selena: Hey cuties, I was getting my morning dose of vitamin D. The one directly from a guy

Selena...well. There were no sufficient words to describe her. Workwise, she was an advertising exec at a high-end firm, but that wouldn't express her fierce and unapologetic outlook. Selena grabbed life by the balls more than the chaddiest Chad. She could hype a tabby cat with so much horseshit, it would be a damn tiger when she was done.

Selena: You have my attention now. What's up?

Me: Okay, I saw a cute guy yesterday.