a broken man

As they make it to the wasteland team sonic with shadow and Rouge as they try to find the other chaos emarld, they need to head back to the present and stop Eggman. 

Shadow was running through the broken landscape as he jump across platform after platform as sonic was keeping up as they took the lead as they defeat any lava creature in their way as tails with knuckles and Rouge follow behide taking down any stray creatures that sonic and shadow  didn't get as they make it to the area where lava was running down a waterfall.

Shadow and the others were looking around as then they saw the chaos emarld on a small cliff, and on the bottom was a group of lava monsters as the group spoke up.

Rouge : So guys, how should we handle this as there do seem to be a lot of them.

Knuckles: Why don't we just rush them when we got the suprise

Tails : That would be the case, but we are not dealing with normal creatures. Knuckles, we need to have a better plan so that something goes wrong .

Sonic : it's true. I mean , my shadow could probably take them all put, but I seen the weird lava worm things, and they can sprout out anytime.

Knuckles was confused at Sonic as still it's weird for the cocky hedgehog who runs head first to actually stop and think for once.

Knuckles : Come on, Sonic, I thought you would be with me on this one

Sonic looks to shadow with a confused look as he speaks

Sonic : Just because I am cocky smts doesn't mean I can stop and think then just relying on instincts and plus someone taught me that so I don't get myself hurt * looks to shadow and smiles and shadow could only blush and look away which made Rouge giggled at shadows reaction *

Shadow then after getting himself back to normal, had an idea of a new chaos attack as then spoke up.

Shadow : I may have an idea to blow all of them up in one go

Tails : And what is that?

Shadow : I gonna try a new attack, and hopefully, it works as I intended

Rouge : Are you sure of shadow ?

Shadow : If anything happens to me, Sonic will be at the ready to help out, and plus, I want to go back to our time as quickly as I can.

* Sonic gives Rouge a reassuring thumbs up, which made Rouge sign and let Shadow do his thing *

Shadow then walks to the end of the cliff and close he's eyes as he takes one ring off, only to tap into a bit of more power for now.

Shadow then shot a giant form of energy up in the sky as the sky became gray and black as green lighting sparked off shadow as he said.

Shadow : CHAOS STORM * Then mutiple green lighting bolts rain down on the giant lava creature and destroy it instantly as everyone was shocked by the shadows' display of power *

( If your wondering shadow is using himself like a lighting rod with the energy mixed up with the clouds and directing it to a target, if you know Naruto, I inspired it from sauskes kirin )

Shadow was a bit drained but okay as he steady himself and put the ring back on his ring as Sonic speaks

Sonic : woah shadow that was amazing * hugs shadow from behide * you have been holding out on me, haven't yah ?

Shadow : umm yeah I just never use my other special attacks unless I need to .

Sonic : So you went easy on me during our race. * shadow nodded as sonic smirk * Then the next time we spar, don't go easy on me next tike, okay? * shadow nodded as Sonic was smiling *