"How long has he been that way for?" I tiredly mumbled.

She giggled lightly with a shake of her head. "No idea."

I tossed the necklace underneath my pillow before Cass could see it and lifted the covers. I grabbed the back of my shirt, pulling it over my head and tossing it on top of my unpacked duffle bag. Already a cold chill spread down my spine, the cabin lacked warmth seeing as though it was winter. I shuffled underneath the white blanket until I was somewhat comfortable. My legs were cradled to my chest and I ignored the many shivers that rattled my body.

"Are you cold?" I heard Cass whisper on behalf of a very unconscious Liam.

"I might be."

"Don't see why you had to take your shirt off."

I grinned, turning so I was laying on my back and staring at the ceiling. "It's a habit," I slightly shrugged knowing that she wouldn't see anyway. "I'm cold, maybe you should come and warm me up."

My sudden change of mood confused me. First dismal and on the verge of insanity, and now playful?

"I dunno," she yawned. "Pretty comfortable where I am."

There was no hesitation behind my actions as I flung the blanket over my partially nude body, dragging the light material over to her bed and tossing it onto her own layer. I joined her in the warmth she was surrounded in, cuddling closer to her soft body. My head rested just above her chest where I felt the rhythmic beats of her heart. She was tense, I could feel it. My unexpected actions surprised her but I can only hope that she would be comfortable and hold me in my sleep.

I pressed my lips just above her breast. Her lips parted and I felt her soft warm breath hit my skin. The physical contact that I crave instantly relieves me from my conscience. The voices in my head are suddenly mute and what a relief that is, especially when her arms wrapped around my shoulder and brought me closer to her.

"I'll never be able to express how much gratitude I have towards you. How much you mean to me, and how much I care about you," I confess in a soft whisper. I felt the way her breath hitched in her throat, and her arms loosened around me for a fraction of a second before tightening them again. "I sound like a fucking idiot."

Her hum was quiet as she held me. "You sound like an honest idiot... Get some sleep, Harry."

And as I tried to succumb to unconsciousness I found it nearly impossible. Cass' warm breath fanned over my naked skin, instantly warming me but I couldn't help but feel cold. Cold, emotionally that is. Her body was clung onto me, arms wrapped around my torso, legs and feet in a tangled mess beneath the two layers of sheets, yet I was still cold.

A cold, confused bomb just waiting to detonate. The voices in my head were only momentarily gone, but as my thoughts wander and my mind becomes weaker I'm most vulnerable and unable to fend off whoever is speaking in my head. The voice is unrecognisable, and my confusion only stirs when more than one voice speaks over the other forming an echo. It consumes my mind, and as much as I try to ignore it by shutting my eyes tightly, they never disappear.

Join us, Harry, they'd whisper. Their voices were harsh yet soft at the same time, as if their purpose was to warn me but not to threaten. As Cass nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck was I finally broken away from my thoughts, the momentary silence was a relief that I find it to almost be addictive. She breathed out lightly, shuffling until her legs were released from the confined warmth of mine, stretching until she was satisfied enough to place her legs in between my thighs again. I smiled down at her, kissing her unruly hair that failed to be kept in her hair-tie, but I didn't mind at all.