Harry: In Sickness and Health (mini fanfic)

Începe de la început

"Thank you. We'll go test this and let you know as soon as we can."

The sleeping pill was beginning to kick in as it suddenly because almost impossible to keep my eyes open. Harry went back to his seat but this time pulled it closer. He places on hand under his sweatshirt on my stomach and the other stroking my hair.

"Get some sleep love. I'll be right here. I promise."

That was the last thing I remember. I woke up about three hours later when the pain pills wore off. Harry was in the exactly same position but his eyes a little droopier.

"Good morning!" He smiled.

I was still orienting myself.

"I have some bad news for you love. You have a minor peptic ulcer. But you are already on antibiotics and will probably be able to go home later today."

Just then I noticed the IV in my arm.

"Oh she's awake. Hello sweetheart." A familiar voice rang in my ear.

"Anne? Gemma? What are you doing here? It's six in the morning." I asked.

"Your parent asked us to come stay with you until they could get here. They are probably only an hour or so away by now." Gemma replied.

"Harry may I have a word with you?" The nurse from last night asked.

That made me nervous again.

"Of course." He responded before leaving me after gently kissing my forehead.

"Anne you didn't have to do this! What time did you get here?" I asked.

"Oh yes I did. We love you sweetheart. We got here about and hour or two ago." Gemma spoke with a caring tone.

"I love you guys too but I don't want to cause you any trouble."

"Its no trouble at all! Don't you even say that!" Anne replied sincerely.

"Why are Harry's eyes so droopy?" I questioned.

"He hasn't slept. He's just been staring at you all night." Gemma stated.

"He's been worries sick." Anne seconded.

"Oh no. This is the last thing I wanted to happen!" I exclaimed stressed.

That horrendous pain was back. I clenched my stomach in agony catching both of the girls attentions.

"Don't stress yourself out. Take it easy." Anne stated.

Harry walked in with the nurse.

"Here are some Vicodin and another antibiotic," The nurse said handing them to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Kind of better." I mumbled.

"Oh looks like your parents are here. I'll go find them." Anne projected. Her and Gemma left, the nurse following shortly after.

"Harry?" I muttered on the verge of tears.

"Yes?" He whispered taking a seat right next to me.

"I wanna go home." I cried into his chest. I couldn't stay trapped in this tiny white room any longer. I felt like I was going to burst of anxiety any moment.

"Love I know you are scared and don't like it here but they are going to help you. They won't hurt you." He attempted to comfort me.

"But-"

"Y/N!" My mother gasped.

"Mom? Dad?" I made out their faces through my watery eyes.

"Were here honey. How are you?" My father asked.

"O-okay." I stuttered my head not leaving Harry's chest.

"They'll have you out of here in no time." My father reassured.

"The nurses want see you guys for the insurance plan." Harry acknowledged.

"Okay, we will be right back." My parents replied exiting the room.

"Harry you need to go to sleep." I encouraged.

"No I'm fine."

"But you didn't sleep all night."

"I will not go to sleep until you are better. I don't want to get scared when I'm not her to protect you." He spoke in a tone that told me I couldn't persuade his action.

"Everything is worked out. Insurance will cover everything. The doctor is going to come check in you in a few minutes." My mother said.

My grip on Harry's hand tightened. He could feel my anxiety.

"Good morning Y/N! Well I have some good news and bad. The good news it you will be able to go home in a few hour and the bad news is you will have to lay low for a few days. The ulcer will heal itself with the help of some antibiotics but you need to try to limit your dairy intake and acidic foods." He spoke confident and kindly.

Great now I can't have my ice cream. This just keeps getting better and better.

"I can do that." I replied.

"And you don't need this IV anymore."

That was a relief. The doctor gently pulled the needle out of my arm.

"At least we didn't make you put a gown on." He tried to make me some some sign of emotion. I just gave a little smile.

"Thank you sir." Harry acknowledged.

"Thanks." Everyone else seconded.

"Your welcome." He replied while leaving.

"Harry go to sleep." I encouraged.

"Hows your stomach?" He responded.

"Don't change the subject on me. Go to sleep. And it hurts but its a dull pain now. Its tolerable." It was still horrible pain but not nearly as bad as it had been.

"I'm fine love."

"Harry you can head home. We can take care of her and bring her home later." My mother insisted.

"No no no I'm not leaving her."

"Fine. Well I'm going to try to go back sleep." I spoke hoping my action would help him do the same. I curled up into his chest just as I regularly would figuring it would put him in some kind of a 'trance' where he would fall asleep with me. At this point I was more concerned about him than myself. He wrapped his arms around my back and on to my stomach. I was amazed how much the presence of his hand eased my ail. Soon after he was yawning and I knew it wouldn't be long before he was out. Unfortunately I was out before he was.

"Y/N, Y/N wake up! You can go home now." Gemma implored.

I oriented myself to find Harry in deep sleep. My plan was a success. I was depressed to feel the burning sensation still in my boated stomach.

"Ugh can I have another pain pill?" I pleaded.

"Have some Advil. Your mom went to pick up your antibiotics from the pharmacy and is going to drop them off your house you when you get home." The nurse handed me a pill and some water.

"Harry wake up." Gemma spoke with a sisterly slap on the shoulder.

"We can go home." I added with tired excitement.

We checked out in a hurry and drove home. I was happy just to be on my feet again as is so words couldn't describe how overjoyed I was to leave my living nightmare. Once we got home, Harry babied me to say the least. He did everything he could to make sure I didn't lift a finger. Our next few days was filled of movies, cuddling and a whole lot of appreciation towards the best boyfriends anyone could ever ask for.