THREE

Sorry I've been gone. I've been too busy with a girl 

But anyway

Yuh chapter three

For some backstory

Y/n was adopted by her aunt bc her parents were teen parents. Nini and y/n have been friends since 1st grade. Emma and y/n started to get to know each other in freshman year, this story starts in early August of their sophomore year (one year before hsm takes place)

Hope that clears some stuff up

Y/N

I woke up and looked around my room at all the pictures covering the walls and smiled. I got out of my bed and looked in the mirror at my back. The burns were almost fully healed and my skin felt almost like leather.

"Y/n are you up?" My aunt called.

"I'm up." I yelled back, I looked at my leg and traced the line from the surgery to fix the bone. I ran my fingers on my arm and felt the skin graft. I put my fingers on my cheek and my ear and sighed.

"Hey, are you ready for your first day back in school?" My aunt asked, I nodded and she smiled and she handed me a gift. "Just a little something from your parents." I smiled and took it from her. The small box was wrapped in shark strapping paper and I peeled it back and found a silver necklace with a small star charm on it.

9-20-02

"My birthday." She nodded and I took it out of the box and put it on. It fell perfectly and I smiled.

"Now go have a good day at school." I nodded and finished getting dressed, I ran down the stairs and grabbed an apple before getting in my car and picking up Nini.

"Are you ready?" She asked, I nodded and she pulled a paper out of her backpack. "This is a permission slip for Oscorp industries. You just need to forge May's signature." I nodded and we pulled into the parking lot of East High.

"I've always wanted to go to Oscorp." I said writing her signature. I opened my door and we got out of the car and saw people staring at me. I kept my head down and put my backpack on. We walked inside and Emma ran up to me and held my hand.

"Did you hear about the field trip?" I nodded and more people stared at me. "Also I have a game tonight so you better come." I nodded and she kissed my cheek and ran to her first class. I looked down at the paper in my hands as Nini grabbed my arm and pulled me into our bio class.

"Miss Parker, welcome back." I handed the paper to Mr. Lee and he smiled and we all sat down. "Well class we are leaving for the bus ten minutes after the bell so settle in and I'll put on an episode of Planet Earth." I sat next to Nini and she watched the door and Ricky came inside.

"You're blushing Ms Salazar-Roberts." She punched my shoulder and Ricky sat next to her on the other side.

"Hey Nini, y/n." I waved and pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a text from Emma.

EM 🩵

People keep asking me about you

It's getting old very fast

At least people are talking to you

Everyone is too scared to talk to me

I'm sorry :/

Hey I have to go, save me a spot on the bus?

                                                                                                                                                                                          Okkkk

                                                                                                                                                                         And ofc I will :)

I put my phone down and the bell rang. I sighed and put my airpods in and started playing some music. I turned on my playlist and closed my eyes hoping no one would talk to me.

NINI

I looked over at y/n and as she closed her eyes I felt my heart hurt a little. She's been through so much and nothing I say can make it any better.

"Nini?" Ricky asked, I turned to him and smiled. "It's ok, just wanted to make sure you're ok." I nodded and he looked at y/n. "I owe her so much and she just acts like it's no big deal."

"We all do, but y/n has this thing where even when she does something good she feels like she's still not good enough." He nodded and Mr Lee called for us to all stand up and make our way to the bus.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you I think what you did was really brave." Someone behind me said, I turned around and saw a freshman talking to y/n.

"Thank you." She said, I smiled and y/n ran up to me. "Who was that?" I laughed and she shrugged her backpack up.

"Just take the compliment." She smiled and we left the room. I grabbed Ricky's arm and y/n walked off to find Emma.

Y/N

I pushed through the small crowd and saw a small head of brown hair. I ran over and grabbed her hand, Emma turned to me and smiled.

"Glad you found me." She said walking towards the door.

"Of course." I said, we got to the bus and found a seat behind Nini and Ricky. "I can't believe it's my first day back and I get to go to the best science facility in the country." Emma giggled a little and I leaned over the seat and whispered in Nini's ear. "You're blushing." She hit my head and I leaned back and Emma held my hand.

"You're so cute when you nerd out." I laughed and the bus started rolling. When we got to the building I looked up at the logo looming above me and smiled. "Do you think you would ever work here?" I shook my head and she smiled.

"If all goes to plan I will be swimming." I said, she nodded and we went inside and our tour started. "Look at those spiders." I whispered as we walked past a room filled with genetically modified spiders.

"I hate spiders so much." Emma whispered as we went to the next room where they were combining genes of animals to make the next apex predator.

"And here we are creating an aquatic animal. We have taken the speed of a shortfin mako shark, the bite of a bull shark and the aggression of a great white to make the king of the ocean." I looked at the screen and watched the pieces of the DNA combine to make a new gene.

"Dr. Osborn has been perfecting this creature for nearly a decade." Our guide told us, I looked over at Nini and she rolled her eyes. "Alright lunch break." She led us to a lunchroom and I set my backpack down and pulled out my food as Nini and Ricky sat next to Emma and I.

"Nearly a decade?" She asked, sitting down, I smiled and unwrapped my food.

"I could have come up with the formula for that in fifteen minutes tops." Ricky snorted and I raised an eyebrow. "Give me a piece of paper." He looked up at me and shook his head before getting it out of his backpack.

"I refuse to believe you are good at everything." I smiled and pulled out a pencil and Nini laughed.

"She's y/n of course she's good at everything." I shook my head and started writing, I wrote out an equation I saw on the board and started working on it. I kept eating and Emma got up and walked over to some of her friends.

"Hey y/n." I shrugged and kept writing.

"She's allowed to have friends." I said finishing the problem, I held up the paper and Ricky and Nini shook their heads.

"This makes no sense." I smiled and felt something tingling on my hand, I looked down and saw a spider crawling on me right as it bit me.

Hehehe

Me when spiderman 🤯

Anyway

(1328 words)