TWO

Welcome to chapter two

I'm sorry

(WARNINGS teenagers using alcohol and other substances)

Y/N

I parked the car and we looked around before getting out and running over to Ricky. He smiled and wrapped his arm around Nini as we walked into the woods. As we got closer we heard music playing and saw the fire illuminating the night.

"Just be chill, there's no rules around here." I nodded and looked around for Emma. I scanned the crowd and saw her awkwardly standing next to Ej as he tried to flirt with her. I started walking over to her and she saw me.

"Where are you going?" Ej called as she walked over to me. I smiled and she reached for my face.

"Just go with it." She said quickly before kissing me hard. I pulled back and she kissed deeper, I could feel people staring and I just leaned into her. Her tongue slid into my mouth and I gripped her waist.

"Get a room." Someone yelled, yelled, I pulled away and Emma smiled and wiped her mouth. She grabbed my hand and looked back at Ej who was standing with his jaw dropped.

"Thank you." She whispered, I nodded and we walked over to a drink table. She picked up a cup and offered it to me.

"No thanks, I have to drive Nini home." She nodded and put the cup down, we walked over to a secluded area and sat on the grass. We watched people passing around a bottle and I shuddered thinking about if we got caught.

"So, now that I've kissed you even before our first date. What are your plans for swimming in the future?" I looked over at her and shrugged.

"I mean college and olympics are always the goal, but recently I feel like it might actually be a possibility." She nodded and looked at my lips. "What about you and volleyball?"

"Oh the same," she leaned closer and I smiled and met her halfway.

NINI

I looked over at y/n and Emma making out again on the grass and rolled my eyes. Ricky leaned on me and I could smell the alcohol on him.

"Nini, I think you're really hot and I really like you." I smiled and kissed his head.

"I really like you too Ricky." He smiled and there was a crash near the fire. I looked over and some kids were throwing bottles into the fire making it even bigger.

"That doesn't look good." Ricky said, I shook my head and one of the varsity football kids poured a line from the fire to a tree. I stood up and started moving away when the trail caught on fire and the tree erupted into flames.

"Shit." I said, I ran over to y/n and shook her shoulder. She turned around to face me and saw the tree.

"Oh hell no, get to the car." She stood up and grabbed Emma's hands and we started running when the trees around caught fire. The brittle trees caught quickly and all of the surrounding trees caught on fire.

"Y/n we can't just leave." Emma said, I looked behind me and Emma was helping direct people to their cars. Y/n nodded and started helping other people. I looked around and saw Ricky punching some kid. I ran over and started dragging him away.

"Look at what you did, you asshole." He yelled I pulled him by his waist and his elbow hit me in the eye. I let go of him and fell backward putting my hand over my eye as tears started to fall.

"Ricky lets go." I yelled, he kept whaling on the kid and I started to choke on smoke. All I could see was fire and my eye was throbbing. I stood up and looked for y/n, I started coughing and I heard someone yell my name.

"Nini?" Y/n yelled, I turned around and started moving toward her voice forgetting about Ricky.

"Y/n?" I tripped over something and fell on my face. "Ow." I groaned curling up into the fetal position and covering my face as I kept coughing.

"Nini?" Y/n yelled closer this time. I put my head up and saw her outline. She ran over to me and picked me up. "What happened to your eye?" I looked behind me and saw Ricky stumbling around.

"I got hit by someone while I was running." She nodded and set me down by her car. "Ricky is still in there." I said coughing, y/n nodded and covered her mouth with the neck of her t-shirt as she ran back to get Ricky.

"Nini, are you ok?" Emma asked, turning me around, I nodded and she held my face and examined it. "Yeah you're going to get a pretty gnarly black eye." I smiled and turned around and saw Ricky coming back, he was being held up on y/n's shoulder and he was coughing.

"Oh thank god y/n." I said, I started getting closer to her and we heard a crack, I looked to the side as a tree started to fall. Y/n pushed Ricky forward and jumped but her leg got caught on the tree.

She screamed and the fire traveled up her back and I rushed forward and pulled on her arms until she was away from the tree. I patted on her back and legs and Emma found some water in y/n's car and poured them on her.

Soon the EMT's arrived and whisked her away to the hospital. I held her hand all the way there.

Y/N
One month later

I shifted in the bed and Emma came into the room. Nini nudged me and I hit her hand.

"How are you today?" Emma asked, sitting next to me. I shrugged and she smiled and held my not wrapped up hand.

"The doctors told her that when her burns heal she can swim again." Nini blurted out, I smiled and Emma squeezed my hand.

"That's so amazing." I smiled and the doctors came into my room for rounds.

"Y/n Parker. Y/n suffered from 2nd and 3rd degree burns along her back, face, right forearm, and right leg as well as a compound fracture. Y/n is set to be discharged this week." I nodded and Nini smiled.

"Anything else?" Dr. Avary asked, I shook my head and he patted my left shoulder and walked out.

"So are you excited to go back to school?" Emma asked, playing with my fingers. I nodded and looked out the door of my room as another highschooler who was at the party walked past. His burns were way worse than mine and he was supposed to stay for another month.

"I'm just glad that I wasn't the only kid badly burned. You know?" They both nodded and Nini got up.

"Well I'm going to head out, Ricky and I are going on a date." Emma and I both looked at each other and Nini rolled her eyes.

"Have fun." I called as she left, she waved and I turned to Emma. "Speaking of dates, how are you girlfriend?" She smiled and I kissed her hand.

"I am good, how are you girlfriend?" I smiled and she did too.

"Well I'm getting out of here in three days, and after a month I will be back in the water." She nodded and I flipped her hands over and looked at the healed burns on her palms.

"I'm fine y/n, they don't hurt when I play anymore." I looked up at her and she nodded, I let go of them and held her face.

"Thank you for being here with me all the time." She put a hand over mine and nodded.

"Of course y/n." I smiled and kissed her, she kissed back and we heard a knock at the door. I let go of her face and turned to the door to see my aunt.

"Sorry, should I leave?" I rolled my eyes and Emma stood up.

"I was just about to head out for practice." She kissed me again and I waved goodbye.

"How are you feeling about leaving y/n?" I shrugged and she put a hand on mine.

"Well you know it's fine, I just don't know what I'm going to do for a month." She smiled and I put a hand on my chin pretending to think. "I might have to break out the old baking stuff." She laughed and I did too.

Ok well

Idk what's really going on

But it's for the plot

Ok bye

(1429 words)