Chapter 2

When Nanon opened his eyes and found himself lying on a bed of an unknown room. It scared him to death as he recalled the incident he had witnessed just before fainting. Nanon started screaming when a middle aged man approached him.

"Don't come near me, please,"

"Relaxed young man. I'm not going to harm you. You are admitted to a hospital and I am a doctor." The doctor stepped forward. "How are you feeling now? Let me check you. I have injected medicine earlier when you were brought here senseless." As the doctor held Nanon's hand he started to feel uneasy.

"Hey, don't be afraid of me, let me do my work." The doctor tried to calm Nanon down.

"Don't touch me... I'm fine. Let me go, please.." Nanon started to pull the saline channels out of his veins.

"You are not going anywhere. Sit quietly and let the doctor do his work." An intimidating voice ordered Nanon who looked to the direction from where the voice came and found a known face of an unknown person.

"Inspector Ohm, you just came at the right time." The doctor thanked the inspector.

Nanon could not protest any further as the fierce eyes of the inspector were fixed on him which helped the doctor to check him.

"You are absolutely fine. It will be better if you rest a bit more." the doctor told Nanon and then looked at Ohm. "He fainted because he was traumatised. He is fine now. We will discharge him in the evening."

"Thanks doc, I will do the formalities for his discharge within the afternoon." Ohm replied.

As the doctor left, Ohm also stood up to leave the cabin but Nanon stopped him.

"I want to go home." he spoke very softly and Ohm looked back at him.

"I know," he answered. "We will send all the victims back to their home, don't worry about that."

Without looking at Ohm, Nanon said, "Thanks.. for saving me."

Ohm looked up at his face, the fear on Nanon's face had been gone, he might be feeling a bit relaxed. "It's my duty." Ohm headed towards the exit without waiting for any reply from the younger boy. Before exiting he stated, "they will give you food and medicines. Without any tantrums, finish the food and rest well."

Nanon stared at the door for a while. Then he sighed. He could not think about anything at that time as he felt a little drowsy so he decided to sleep for a while.

After completing the hospital formalities Ohm and Force came to the closest eatery to have lunch.

"So P'Aof wants me to take back the boy back to his house?" asked Ohm before stuffing a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"If you want someone can assist you although we will be busy helping other victims." Force stated while sipping coffee as he already had the tastiest lunch made by his husband.

"No need. It's my duty. I can do that. I will inquire about his house and take him back tomorrow.

"Is he in this state to travel tomorrow?"

"He told me that he wanted to go home. The sooner the better. He is too young to be among cops and criminals. If we need to interrogate him for the case, we can visit his home later." Ohm answered while chewing his food.

"Aren't you just a little more concerned about this boy, inspector Pawat?" Force wiggled his eyebrows.

"I'm always concerned about the innocent victims, phi. It's my-"

"Duty" Force said and regretted asking the question to Ohm who continued eating.

Force met Nanon for the first time when they were proceeding to discharge Nanon from the hospital.