Assurances (KL Rahul and Shubman)

Imagine

Rahul was not injured in the first test match

He got injured in India's first innings in the second test match

.

.

.

.

.

IND VS ENG TEST SERIES (2024)

BEFORE THE SECOND TEST

SHUBMAN POV

I was feeling extremely low. My performance at no.3 has been extremely disappointing. Vi bhaiya is also not there with me to guide me. Ro bhaiya is there, but the level of comfort I feel with Vi bhaiya is unmatchable.

Speaking of comfort, the comfort which I find in Vi bhaiya is the same I find in Rah bhai. Yes, because there are many similarities in Vi bhaiya and Rah bhai's personalities. Obviously, Rah bhai is Vi bhaiys's first kiddo.

But, Rah bhai hasn't been spending a lot of time with me. Yashasvi is comparatively new to the team, and he is helping Yashasvi bond well with Ro bhaiya and the rest of the team. I felt extremely annoyed that I didn't get my Rah bhai's attention.

That night, when I tried to sleep, the sleep was far away from me. I decided to go to go to Rah bhai's room. I knocked gently, and he opened the door.

He was shocked to see me there and pulled me inside his room. He made me sit on the bed and stood in front of me.

"Shubi, why are u awake at this time. Is something bothering you, baccha?" He asked softly.

I just nodded.

"Baccha, what is bothering you? Apne Rah bhai koh nahi batayega." Rah bhai tried to coax me, but I just kept my mouth shut.

RAHUL POV

Something is definitely wrong with Shubi. He was not expressing himself. The only way which he will tell me is when I use my stern tone. I always don't use it, but he has forced me. I mentally sighed.

"Shubman Gill, you will reveal everything right now, or you won't like the consequences ." I said sternly.

I could see that Shubi flinced at my tone.

"Bhai, you know the no.3 position isn't going well for me. I am not able to perform. I am not able to score runs. I feel I am blocking someone else's place in the team. I should get dropped." Shubi said vulnerably

I was stunned. I just moved towards him and rested his head on my chest, and embraced him.

"Shubi, don't cry. You don't want a headache tomorrow, is it?" I joked, and he  chuckled.

"Now sleep, hmm." I said

"Rah bhai aaj aakpe saath so jau?" Shubi asked cutely.

I just smiled and nodded. I settled myself on the bed, and Shubi lay his head on my lap. Soon, he fell asleep. He looked so cute.I need to do something because of which he gets his confidence back. I just kissed his forehead and turned off the light with the help of the switch besides the nightstand, not before setting an alarm for myself.

.

.

.

.

.

NEXT DAY

SHUBMAN POV

I got up around 7 a.m. and noticed that Rah bhai was in the room, but Rah bhai was not there in the room, but he left a note for me besided my pillow.