Sledging (Rohirat and Shubman)

The juniors Sarfaraz and Dhruv know Virat because of the IPL and share a very good bond with him.

.

.

.

.

.

AUTHOR POV

IND VS ENG TEST SERIES (2024)

TEST 5

Virat had arrived in Dharmashala for the fifth test. It was Ashwin's 100th test, so he decided to surprise his best friends and kiddos. Due to privacy reasons, he didn't go to the stadium to watch the match but preferred watching it from his hotel room on the TV.

TEST 5, DAY 2

VIRAT POV

There was some exchange happening between Shubi and Anderson. I hope it's nothing serious. But, while watching it, I got a weird feeling.

ROHIT POV

After the stumps on day 2, when the team returned, I visited Vi. He was in deep thoughts, and I knew what he was thinking.

"Vi, I know you are thinking about the on field drama of Shubi and Anderson." Vi cut me off in an angry voice.

" Ro, how could you say nothing to Shubi about the incident. You know what I mean. I don't want it to happen. I will not leave Shubman today." Vi spoke angrily.

" Trust me, nothing will happen. You are just overthinking. None of your worries will be true Vi. Chill!" I assured him.

"I am, but I am still scared for Shubi." Vi said.

" Virat, I will not let anything like that happen. If it happens again, I will myself confront Shubi, and you can do whatever you want at that moment." I said seriously, and Vi just nodded.

.

.

.

.

.

TEST 5, DAY 3

ROHIT POV

Shubman and Bairstow had an argument today. I know Vi would be furious. After the celebrations on the field, we returned to the dressing room.

I checked my phone and I had a message from Vi.

Come to my room. You know whom to bring

" Shubman, Dhruv and Sarfaraz." I said sternly.

" What was that on field?" I questioned.

Seeing their scared faces, I sighed.

"No one can save you today. Once we reach the hotel, freshen up and reach Virat's room." They nodded.

"And Jasprit, you too." I said with a cold tone. Jassi also looked scared, and he gulped.

VIRAT POV

Shubi, Sarfu, Dhruv and Jassi were standing in front of me like obedient kids.

"Abhi kyu shant khade ho? Ground pe toh bahut muh chal raha tha. Ab kya hua?" My displeasure and anger were clearly convened in my voice.

"And yes, Jasprit. If I am correct, then you were the stand-in captain then how could you not reprimand them." I questioned

I got up from my seat and moved towards Jassi. I carresed his cheek.