𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

Start from the beginning

Anyway, that was the situation with the common people.

The last ones left were priests, who were the most persistent.

They even staged a hunger strike and flocked to the Flower Grass House, preaching how the Saintess should never leave.

And what made the priests shut up was....

In front of my mansion stood a huge carriage and Lucian.

Lucian approached me with a smile on his face.

"Long time no see, Lady Pernia."

My heart started pounding a little, but I hid it and nodded with a haughty face.

"Hm."

Lucian smiled with no sign of displeasure at my curt reply.

"Let's go then."

His face, escorting me into the carriage, was the purest.

He looked so harmless like he would not even kill a fly buzzing in his ear.

But I knew how scary he could be to protect anything precious to him.

Sitting in the carriage, I asked in a coy voice.

"I heard from Estelle yesterday. The priests, who persistently opposed Estelle's study abroad, came and wished her a safe trip. Estelle was very happy that she could comfortably leave now."

"That's a relief."

I clicked my tongue at Lucian's reply. It was as if he had nothing to do with it.

"I heard the priests changed their minds after you visited them. How did you change those oldies' minds? Did you bring out your sword and threaten them?"

Lucian's eyebrows rose like he couldn't believe what I just said.

"I wouldn't do such an impolite thing to the priests."

"Then what did you do?"

Lucian replied with a troubled face.

"......Just eye contact. That lasted a little but too long."

I looked into Lucian's eyes.

How can such pretty red eyes be scary? I could only think of rubies when looking at them.

I couldn't imagine it, but I could believe it.

'Since he could kill a man with his eyes, then that means he must've done it dozens of times.'

For Estelle.

"......Lady Pernia, what's wrong?"

"What?"

"You look angry."

"No, I'm not."

"......"

I gave a short answer and turned to the window. I felt Lucian anxiously looking at me, but I ignored it.

This was called throwing a fit.

(t/n: 흥칫뿡 is basically how a girl would throw a fit but in a cute way. There is a song called 흥칫뿡 (Hmph!) by WJSN CHOCOME if you want to get the vibe of it.)

I had all sorts of thoughts in my head.

'I did tell him to stop sending me gifts, but he didn't have to stop right away. If he really wanted to keep sending me gifts, he should've argued back.'

'And. While he did listen when I told him to take everything back, he shouldn't have done it the very next day. How could he take back what he already gave me that quickly? If he really didn't want to take everything back, he should've said something.'