After seeing your wave, the boy gave another smile before walking off..to who knows where. From there on you became too starstruck. The thing is, they didn't create such cuties in New York as they did here. And certainly if you did they wouldn't acknowledge you at all. Interesting.

"Y/N! Just go off explore! You're making too much unnecessary space taken here!" Your dad yelled, as he was helping the moving guys shuffle through the new furniture boxes.

"Wait really?" You stood up, walking inside to where your dad was.

He nods, telling the worker to pause before he shuffled through his pockets for a few quarters. "Here, be back before sunset. And tell me if there's any good food places, so we can go there in a week or so once we settle." Your dad instructs, you hesitantly take it.

"Thank you, dad." You smile.

"Of course, kid." He pat your head before continuing off his work. So there left you with some quarters.

You walked around the same place that Hispanic boy trailed off to. You didn't know where you were going, just bouncing your ball and looking at houses and trees. Eventually you found a diner.

"Mel's Diner?" Your eyes looked at the sign, "Sure." You shrugged, opening the door to be met with a woman at the front desk.

"Hello! Table for one?" The woman asked with a grin, looking at you.

"Oh uh, yes, yes please." You shyly nod.

"Okay! You will be seated at the bar over there." The woman points, gathering a menu item.

You noticed kids your age nearby, oh god. "Most kids here come for the ice cream, are you here for it too?" She asked you, walking to the tables.

"just got here, I'm a new kid in the town, I guess? Kinda just exploring." You explain.

"Oh, interesting. They don't get much new kids here." She hums, seating you at a stool, "Here's your seat, and the menu." She gave it to you.

You hoped it had chocolate marshmallow-your favorite flavor when your mom first introduced it to you as a five year old. As you looked through the menu (to your surprise you still hadn't seen the flavor yet), you heard a boy's voice call out to you.

"Hey! You're the new girl, right?" It was the sidewalk boy! Your eyes widened in surprise, almost letting out a slight squeak. Act cool, act cool! You yelled to yourself.

"Oh! You're the sidewalk guy!" You nod.

"Yup, Benny. Actually Benjamin Rodriguez, but no one calls me Benjamin, just Benny." He introduces himself, holding out his hand for you to shake.

You were a bit flushed with the sudden casual conversation and his gaze onto you. But you shook it and felt his soft hand. "Y/N, Y/N Lee. I moved here from New York." You introduce yourself with a small smile, in which he returns one too-just more cuter than yours.

"Cute name." He blurts, "I-sorry. It suits you, but it was probably way out of line for me." He stammered, you chuckled. Mostly being nervous.

"No, it's okay. I like your name too, Benny." You compliment, "And feel free to compliment me whenever you'd like."

"I'll be sure to remember that." He responded.