♯ ⠀⠀LIFE WAS A WILLOW

❈ 𝕱𝐎𝐋𝐊𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄 ࿐·✩ ❜
life was a willow

❈ 𝕱𝐎𝐋𝐊𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄 ࿐·✩ ❜life was a willow

ꗃ⠀summary ✩ 

ꗃ⠀𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐭/𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 ✩ House of the Dragon Season 1: seven years after the Green Wedding

ꗃ⠀𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬(𝐬) ✩ Rhaenyra 𝒙 Female Targaryen!oc 𝒙 Daemon Targaryen, Alicent Hightower 𝒙 Female Targaryen!oc, Male Velaryon!oc 𝒙 Female Targaryen!oc

ꗃ⠀. 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦 ✩ Frida Gustavsson 

ꗃ⠀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ✩ heavy fluff, subtle angst, alicent and rebekah can't be together, malyen is aware of alicent's feelings toward rebekah, emotional infidelity  

ꗃ⠀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 ✩ i know you all have been waiting for this one! 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

For several years, the Sun Princess of the Realms has not graced the streets of Kingslanding. Following the Green Wedding, she chose Summerhall as the enchanting backdrop for her nuptials with Malyen Velaryon. There, amidst tranquility, they nurtured their sons, shielded from the venomous intrigues of court and the bitter rivalry between Alicent and Rhaenyra.

After the Brothel incident and enduring the pain of rejection and abandonment by Rhaenyra and Daemon, she found solace in the comforting presence of Alicent Hightower. Together, they bonded over their shared sense of betrayal by the Realms Delight. Their connection grew so profound that they sought refuge in each other's arms, sharing a clandestine intimacy hidden from their husbands. This enduring affair remains a well-kept secret, known only to them and veiled from prying eyes. 

Each year, on Aemond's and the twin's name days (born moons apart), they would journey to Summerhall for joyous celebrations. Only Alicent and the children were welcomed, as specified in Rebekah's letter, making it an intimate gathering. Viserys I showed little regard for his other children, yet Rhaenyra took offense at her Aunt/Cousin's failure to extend a similar invitation to her offspring.

As the royal carriage halts, Aethan and Saros let go of their hands and rush over to their cousins. "Aegon, Helaena, Aem!"

"Aethan! Saeros!"

The six children embraced one another with warmth, their laughter echoing and smiles lighting up the moment.

Aegon was the first to break away from the group, his eyes lighting up with joy at the sight of his beloved cousin-aunt. "Aunt Beks!" he exclaimed, rushing forward to embrace the older woman. Rebekah laughed warmly and showered him with affectionate kisses on his head. "Oh, Egg, just look at you! You've grown so much since the last time you visited!"

As if on cue, Sunfyre, Dreamfyre, Dracul, and Stormdancer let out mighty roars before spreading their majestic wings and soaring into the boundless sky. While there existed a dragon pit, Rebekah held firm to her belief that dragons deserved to roam free, unrestrained by chains.

Rebekah remained rooted beside her husband, her hand gently clasping his arm, her gaze soft and wistful as she observed the scene unfolding before her. Her breath caught as her eyes lingered on Alicent's graceful figure, draped in a glorious green gown as she emerged last from the carriage. Was she truly well? Was Viserys causing her distress? Or perhaps it was Rhaenyra? The questions lingered in Rebekah's mind, filled with concern for her dear Alicent.

"My Queen, it's an honor to have you grace us with your presence," Rebekah spoke with sincerity as she stepped forward, her husband Malyen following closely behind. Though his demeanor seemed less enthusiastic, he understood their relationship to be strictly one of friendship, or so he believed.

Rebekah had never crossed the line of fidelity with Malyen. Her devotion always lay with her children and husband, prioritizing their well-being above all else. Nonetheless, she remained a steadfast friend to Alicent, always ready to offer support whenever needed.

"Please, we've known each other since we were girls. Call me Alicent, as you always have," the Hightower insisted, her eyes brightening, replacing the dullness with a glimmer of warmth and familiarity.

Malyen approached the children with a warm smile. "It's wonderful to see you, Princes and Princess. Aemond, turning eight must fill you with excitement. Have you already considered what you desire?"

Aemond let out a sigh, his gaze drifting longingly toward the sky. "What I truly want is something I fear I may never attain."

Saeros placed a comforting hand on Aemond's shoulder. "You will have a dragon one day. Stormdancer has grown large enough to carry two riders. Once you're ready, we'll embark on a magnificent journey together!"

That made the boy feel a lot better and finally embraced his aunt, "Happy early name day sweet child." she greeted. 

"Thank you, Aunt. It's good to see you," Aemond murmured, his words muffled against her stomach. He had missed her dearly. The Redkeep had become a place of utter darkness and loneliness for him. While he had Helaena, the presence of Aegon and the Strong Bastards only added to his anguish, their bullying weighing heavily on him. The one person who truly understood him was Aunt Rebekah, who, like him, had experienced the loss of a dragon egg that turned to stone and had once belonged to the mighty Calon Targaryen. 

"I've instructed the cooks to prepare all your favorite dishes. Tomorrow, there will be a grand party in the Gardens. I've extended invitations to the Baratheons, Velaryons, and even the detestable Lannisters, purely for appearances' sake..." Rebekah's lips curled in disdain.

The children erupted into giggles, while Malyen and Alicent exchanged amused glances.