𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Start from the beginning

But there was one outstanding ability that no one could match.

It was the ability to bring down extra characters.

"Will you shut your mouth? My cake doesn't taste good anymore."

With that, Erica looked as if she had been smacked with a cake. Her exposed shoulders trembled.

Erica struggled to regain her composure. It was thanks to the eyes of all the ladies looking at her.

But with their support, Erica opened her mouth with a face full of energy.

"Lady Pernia, I don't think you understand the situation. No one is on your side right now-"

There's no reason to listen to her further, so I cut her off like a knife.

"I know that everything is going very well. Lady Erica just recently got engaged to Marquis Garthian, right? But if there is a rumor that we fought, pulling our hair in the banquet hall, would I be in trouble? Or would it be Lady Erica?"

Erica could not say anything with a pale face, signaling that my attack worked.

I surveyed Erica and the women around her. The women that met my eyes flinched. Some avoided eye contact and focused on the floor.

It was like a frightened mouse in front of a cat.

"When you're going to make noise, watch your opponent. That's a must-have virtue to be an elegant lady."

Ending my statement, I raised one corner of my mouth.

Because it's more evil that way.

* * *

When I left the banquet, I saw Lucian waiting for me.

Lucian, who approached me, asked me with a serious face.

"Did something happen at the banquet?"

"No. Why?"

"The faces of the ladies coming out of the mansion are all pale. I was worried because they had the same faces as the soldiers when the monsters appear on the battlefield."

Goodness, there's nothing this man can't say.

I smiled innocently at Lucian as if nothing had happened.

"Maybe my makeup is falling off. It's manners to pretend they didn't see it."

"Oh, I see."

Lucian opened his eyes wide and nodded as if he had never thought about that.

The moment I held his hand and tried to get into the carriage, my eyes met with Erica's in the distance.

I knew that she would tail me, but unexpectedly, she bit her lips and stared straight at me.

Her burning eyes showed her willingness to do something crazy.

'That's ominous...'

I sat in the carriage and thought carefully about the story ahead.

After a while, I opened my mouth and said,

"Oh, Lord Kardien, there's a banquet in the imperial court in a month, right?"

"Yes, there's a birthday banquet for the Crown Prince."

Yeah, this is it.

Kalyx's birthday in a month.

An event breaks out at a banquet featuring a large number of small characters along with the trio of main characters.

The saintess mockery event.