Cause?

(Art by me <3)

Vox crashed at some point during his buffering, collapsing onto the floor. When he awoke, he was lying in a familiar bed... Valentino's bed.

He looked around, groaning, part of his screen taken over by static. He had wires sticking into the back of his head, which he went to rip out nearly immediately, but Val grabbed his wrist.

"Val...?"

"Vox, you passed out... what happened? Was I too rough?" He rubbed his head softly, getting closer and taking off his tinted glasses, which he rarely did. "I'm worried, Voxxy..."

Vox pushed him away, "I'll be fine, Tino."

"You haven't called me Tino in years, Vox..." he looked a little concerned. "Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine, Val!" He snapped, sitting up and malfunctioning as he yelled and lay back down. "Get me an engineer..."

"One's been and gone... said you had a virus he'd need a senior advisor to sort it out tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Ugh..." he groaned, his screen flickered on and off, appearing red with the words 'System ERROR' all over, before glitching back, the static taking up more of his face. "There's nothing he can do?"

"Yeah..."

He sighed and looked over to him, "What do I do now?"

Val shrugged and sat beside him. "We wait, I suppose..."

Vox cuddled up to him a bit. What caused this? Was it his fight with Alastor? No... it would have started sooner if that was the case. That old timey prick caused him to short circuit, but his engineers had fixed it.

"Vox..."

"Yeah, Val...?"

Valentino looked genuinely worried. He cared for Vox, no matter how much he hated to admit it. He loves him, more than just as a friend, as a leader, as a lover. He whispered softly to him, "Velvette saw a message appear on your screen... saying you might need replacing..." he looked at him, an emotion that Vox couldn't tell was fear or love in his shitty-visioned eyes, "What if you do have to be replaced... will you remember me?"

He looked up at him, placing his glitched out TV head on his chest, "I won't forget you, Val... or Velvette..."

It was surprising to see the caring side of them both, Val was usually a power-hungry monster to others, and Vox was just as cruel... I guess they weren't as cold-hearted and 1-dimensional as others knew- behind closed doors at least.

As they sat together on the bed, enjoying one of their few tender moments, there was a knock at the door and a voice.

"Scrap Crew!! We're here to take your defective VOXTEK item!!"