"But your relationship with the Beatles?" Wes asked, eyebrows raised. "You seem to be avoiding the question." 

I stared at him and then looked down at my hands. I could only imagine what the cameramen were being told to do- zoom in on my face, make sure you get this, etcetera. 

"Eva?" Wes pushed. I cleared my throat and smiled.

"Let's just say it became complicated."

"So it wasn't always complicated, then."

"Unfortunately, yes."

(Flashback to February 9, 1964. Ed Sullivan Show set.)

"Alright, alright, boys, offstage and into the car. Quickly, now, John!" Brian shouted. He was almost inaudible over the screaming fans out in the theater. 

The Beatles' time on the show was over, and Brian was busy trying to get us all out of the theater. As we all ran backstage and through a back door out to a car, George ran beside me.

"How were we, Eva?"

"Amazing, as usual!" I grinned. 

"Ooh, 'amazing', that's a new one, Eva," John snickered. 

"Hey, it's true! You were great!" I shouted back. 

Finally, we reached a black car out in an alley. We were surrounded by fans who were losing their minds. Some girls spit at me and gave me dirty looks, but at this point, I was used to it. Brian, the boys, and I almost jumped into the car. The driver quickly sped away from the theater once we were all inside.

Brian, Ringo, and John were sitting on the side of the car with their backs to the driver; Paul, George, and I were on the other. 

"Whaddya have to write this time, Haney?" Paul asked me, nudging me slightly. 

"Oh, just a little something about how you were off key and how you threw a fit about how the dressing room was decorated," I grinned.

"Ah, adding a bit of drama, I see?" Paul smiled, lighting a cigarette.

"Sure. Your fans need to know you're not all fun and games."

"Even if it's a lie, then?" Paul replied. 

"Isn't that what American journalism is?" 

Paul shrugged and we both laughed. Of course, I was only joking about writing false things. 

"Say, John and I were fancying a trip to a club tonight," Paul continued. "You interested?"

"Oh, I don't know... I should probably finish up my writing. Cass wants the next story by Tuesday."

John looked shocked.

"C'mon, Eva, you never come with us!" John said.

"Gee, I wonder why? The couple times I've gone, girls almost tear me apart! I'd be ok with not having to do that everytime," I said.

"Oh, c'mon, you haven't been dancing in forever!" Ringo urged.

"You're not even going tonight!" I replied. Ringo shrugged.