Chapter 2

IRATE and jitteriness sears and pops inside my nerves

IRATE and jitteriness sears and pops inside my nerves. Why the hell is he staring at me as if he saw me dead just a few minutes ago and now he is quite surprised that I'm still standing, and most importantly alive ?

Every part of my brain cell spurs me to kick his ass off. The race is about to begin, so if he is that determined to shift the race in the evening and win against the other guy, he should probably focus on the race.

Lerwick has not accorded me anything good since I shifted here twelve days earlier. Situated in the north - eastern part of Astoria, Oregon, Lerwick is a small town having rainy days for almost one ninety eight days in a year. It's oceanic climate hasn't offered a very suitable
atmosphere, with rainy winters and cool, quiet sunny summers which are once in a blue moon to be seen. I already miss the warm, soothing heat of Phoenix, my hometown. I miss the tropicals, the flora and fauna, the bright days and especially, my rainbow eucalyptus tree. I miss how I used to admire the colors and brush the bark to see if the colors would stain my fingers. Little me used to get so delighted at the thought of painting myself just like the colors in the bark and stand beside its gigantic forn to scare away people passing by.

But just after my father's death, life became a mess for both of us. Mom struggled to keep up with the expenses in my school. I can still recall the times when I used to skip lunch just so that I could feed myself something at night. As Dad was the only working parent, it was even tougher for Mom to find a job and methodize things at the earliest.

This is how the way life works. Unpredictable in its own course. The other moment you are sharing happy memories, and the very next moment can scratch you so deep that it almost makes the happy memories look unreal and misapprehended.

Mom got her new job in Oregon, offering her an adequate salary, and shifting towns was the only best option left for us. So with a heart broken and shattered, I bid my beautiful eucalyptus tree a goodbye before entering the hell hole.

Since the day I moved in to Lerwick, I have never hated my life more than I do now. With the weather all cloudy and the soil being muddy, the air releases a stinky smell. Fate is a bitch.

I want to tear out his eyes and squeeze them until they can no longer be recognizable.

A sea green hair guy, handsome. and masculine, rushes to the one staring at me, his legs dangling on the sides of the bike. I can't fathom his features or his hair with the black helmet on his head. Not even the intentions, but a part of my brain is sure of the fact that he is staring only at me by the way his head is tilted.

The sea-green hair guy shouts something and earns an embarrassed laugh from everyone when his voice cracks. The thunder booms, and just when the biker takes off again, a tiny droplet of water falls on my cheek.

Shit. It's going to rain.

I hover my eyes around the whole crowd and no one seems bothered about the rain. If I go out under the shade alone, it will be a shame considering everyone is excited and eager to watch the race. So I should better stay here until anyone makes the first move.