chapter-4 confrontation

Next day

Stella woke up early and got ready. Today she has classes for the full day, but she took a half day off to go to her home. 

Stella took her handbag and opened the bedroom door only to see Gloria had already made breakfast for them and was now arranging them on the table. 

Gloria saw Stella come and said “ I was going to call you for breakfast and here you come.”

Stella saw the dishes neatly arranged on the table, she gave her thumbs up and said contently “ Thankyou Glo. You are the best”

They both chuckled and started eating. They didn't bring up anything from yesterday's topic. 

After breakfast Gloria went to her law firm and Stella took a cab back home. 

Stella's parents were both professors in the Nova University of the city. Gloria's father, Martin Harper’s family have a hotel business that was managed by Martin's elder brother Mathew Harper.

Martin doesn't have any interest in family business and he becomes a Maths professor. He still has some shares in business and timely got the share of the profit each year. 

Martin met his wife Leah Jones at the Nova university who comes from a very simple family whose father was a bank clerk and mother was a housewife. 

Leah is a history professor at the university. They both got to know each other, fell in love and later got married. 

Stella's cab stopped outside the gate of a simple and elegant villa. She got out of the cab and took a deep breath looking at the villa. Then she went in. 

In the large living hall Mr. Martin was sitting on the couch sipping his tea while being in deep thought. 

He saw Stella coming from the front door of the villa, he smiled and said “ Stel, you came back? Come sit with dad. Tell me what fun you two besties had last night.Huh? Why didn't you go to college till now? Do you have no classes today?”

Stella comes and sits with her father and says while looking at him “ Hold on dad, so many questions…...we didn't have much fun last night okay. It's just I was tired yesterday so I slept at her place and about not being in college because I have something important to tell you that's why I took a half day off.”

Martin heard Stella had something to tell him, he said to her “Tell me what you want to say.”

Leah also comes from the kitchen hearing their voices and saw Stella was talking to Martin and said “ What are you both talking about?” 

Stella saw her mom and said “ Mom come sit with dad, I am going to tell you guys something very important”

Leah looked at Stella. She noticed Stella looked very serious. She feels restless. Leah sat on the couch beside Martin and said to Stella “ Now tell us what important thing you are talking about?”

Stella took a deep breath and said “ I had give it a lot of thought and i come to a final decision”

Martin frowned and said “ What did you think about? And what decision?”

Stella then said in one breath “ I have decided that I am ready to marry the guy you were talking about before but I have a condition.”

Martin and Leah looked at each other at the same time. Yesterday, Martin told everything about his illness to Leah. Leah becomes very devastated hearing it. 

Martin comforted her and told her his wish to see Stella get married and asked Leah to convince her to say yes to the proposal of the Mason's. 

After some crying, Leah accepted the reality and agreed to talk to Stella. But they didn't expect Stella herself to come to them and agreed. 

Martin looked a little surprised and asked Stella “ Stel what happened? You suddenly agree to marry. Before this you always say you don't want to get married.”

Leah also asked her worriedly “ Yeah… . Tell us what changes your mind so suddenly.”

Stella understood by the looks of her parents that now her mother also knows everything. She inwardly sighed in relief that she wouldn't have to hide it from her mom. 

Stella doesn't answer them, just asks “ what… did you not want me to get married before? Now that I have agreed, you both are giving me looks.”

Stella continued “ I say one more time I have no problem with the proposal so I decided to marry. You just have to agree to my condition.”

Martin and Leah asked at the same time “ What condition?”

Stella then said looking at his dad “ You have to promise me that you resign from the university and stay at home and get proper treatment.”

Martin's eyelashes trembled slightly after hearing that he was thinking if Stella knew something. Leah also doesn't look good. 

Martin feigned ignorance and asked “ W… what treatment? What are you talking about? I am fine, why do I resign and get treatment.Nonsense.”

Stella confronted them and asked “ Seriously dad, you still try to hide it from me. Have you not seen me as your own? I know everything. I heard everything you talked to uncle Hill yesterday at the hospital. Why?? Why are you hiding it from me?”

Martin and Leah both stunned and their faces darkened. Tears from Stella's eyes started flowing. 

They both went to Stella's side to give her a hug and comforted her. They remain seated for quite a while. When Stella relaxed, Martin asked, “ So that's why you suddenly agreed to get married?”

Stella simply gives a nod in acknowledgement. 

Martin sighed and said “ You silly girl, for me you didn't even think of your own happiness and simply were ready to get married.”

Martin continued “ Look Stel dad just wants to see you happy, if you are not ready for this just don't do this, okay?”

Stella said “ Dad I have decided I just want to fulfil your wish. And you also have to fulfil my condition, remember you have to resign and get treatment properly.”

Martin sighed and said “ ok I'll resign. Happy? And for this proposal, I'll arrange a meeting for you to meet the guy. If you are satisfied after the meeting then we'll proceed further.”

Stella agreed and said “Okay, whatever you say.”

Keep reading and supporting my story Love Will Grow….. 

Do like, comment and follow for more updates…