Chapter 2: Back story

sincerity

day by day I gathered wood and day by day an apple keeps hitting me in the head as I work. At night while I sleep near the river I keep hearing giggles, giggles that come with fireflies surrounding me. Somehow over time I got comfortable with the giggles as the giggle is the only life I hear and the only company I have here in the forest with the apples it gives me. I do hear animals but there's just  something about those laughs and giggles that reminds me of life. Life That I never seemed to experience even with my mother around. with those laughs I seemed complete. 

Even with the struggles to find food and shelter in the forest  with those laughs it seemed to complete my day everyday.    
Day by day I was one step from finishing my Hut when one day I thought of Going out to find some mushrooms to cook for dinner.

I was walking not too far from my unfinished hut. I was searching every corner of each log. I found a lot of mushrooms in this log near a tree. when suddenly I heard whimpering… I followed the sound to a pile of Leaves stacked up. the sound got louder and I dug into the leaves to find “a puppy? What's a puppy doing laying around here?” I was debating whether I should bring it back or let it stay here.

 I can’t even provide for myself let alone provide for another. At that moment The girl’s giggling started again.  
"is it from the girl?‘I didn’t think much if I could provide for it or not. At least I can give it a roof above its head rather than letting it lay around in this pile of leaves. I looked up at the sky and noticed that it was about to rain. so I quickly Ran back to the unfinished hut while carrying the puppy with me. “ I just need to fix the door and the right wall,then I’ll be done.” I laid the puppy inside the basket I had a few months back. Luckily I have some leather here from my past hunts to keep it warm. “At least both of us are warm with the leather I got.” I ran to the hut and finished the door and wall while it was raining a little bit. I ran back to the puppy and carried it back to the hut and placed it down near the campfire where I was starting some fire. At that moment I heard some knocking on the door. “Who could be here in a weather like this?I can’t let anyone know I’m the kid they are looking for. I checked the window and found that no one was there but a box. a medium looking box… I slowly made my way to the door and opened it.

I looked outside to the sight of nobody but the box beneath me. I picked the box and closed the door. 

rain can be heard hitting the roof as I was sitting down while looking at the box debating whether I will open it or not. suddenly the puppy started to whimper..” are you hungry?” I checked the puppy’s private part “girl I currently do not have any food for her.  “Maybe there’s  food inside the box, I opened the box and to my surprise there were supplies in it. The box was filled with dog food at the top and at the bottom was fresh gallons of water.”Good thing the box didn't get soaked outside.

Another knock could be heard, I checked the window again and another box appeared on my doorstep. I went outside and brought the heavy box inside. I checked what was in it and there were Clothes and a mattress with sheets and pillows. a Pot to make boiling water too.. At the bottom of the box was steel bowls and Meat wrapped in plastic to keep me fed.