A power rush swarmed into my shoulders when the vibrations of snapping bones ricocheted through my arms. I let the weight of his body crash to the tiled floor, separating my fingers to prolong the feeling on my palms. I rolled my head back in stretch, unironically, because I managed to veer his 180 degree look-back into a full 360 with just the snap of his neck.

"Poof," I wickedly grinned in both giddiness and mania. "Gone."

~Anakin's POV~

The slits between my eyelids peeled open, allowing the searing white light to seep into my sensitive corneas. A cold scent of staleness and antiseptic swept through my dry nose that ached from the chemicals. My tongue feels like sandpaper in my mouth, drought of moisture. A pitched beep sounded in my left ear that increased speed when my back lifted upward. Arms weaker than ever, my muscles shook as I hoist my body to a sit.

What the hell, I unclamped the oximeter from my finger, using the same hand to shield my face of the light.

"Still wanna kill me?" Maul stood firmly infront of me; the only black in this room of white. I couldn't jump back in surprise.

I just stared. Trying to regain my focus with my declining farsightedness, but I felt blinded. "Wha-"

"You, my friend, decided to raised hell in the lobby." He dragged a chair to the side of my... hospital bed? "They sedated you."

~

Flashback : A few hours ago

They're all so fucking oblivious. Half of Naboo sound asleep in their exaggeratedly puffed cotton linens and silk nightgowns, blissful to the scream of sirens hurling down the streets.

Skin ablaze, I sat upright in my seat, pushing down the threatening twists in my stomach. All I can see in those pathetic excuses of windows are paramedics bouncing off the walls of the tight enclosure... but not her. I can't see y/n at all, I don't know what's happening, or the state of her health. Is she breathing!? Is the heartbeat still there!?

This car is so small. The seatbelt is restraining me, and the smell of the leather seats makes me want to get violent.

I need to get the fuck out of here.

"Almost there, Kin. Hold on." Aayla's tight grip on the wheel stretched the thin skin over her knuckles white. Her eyes dead bolted to the road as her bumper was glued onto the back of the wailing truck. "Cmon. Cmon."

My breathing began to fill all spaces my chest, waging a war of sickness; I could feel the green plastered on my face.

Slowly but surely, we finally came to a halt, rolling the car painfully slow into a parking space. Hastily, I tore off the belt and released myself from the confinement of the car. Like a boulder, I breached through the thick doors of the hospital, uncaring of the boom it made on the wall when I opened it.

The glass cracked.

"Where is he." Each receptionist jumped back, some dropping clipboards and their own stethoscopes as they eyed my stomps to the desk.

"Sir-"

"Where is Doctor Rex!?" I felt every person's eyes plant on me. The dead silence of patients that sat in their sickly chairs, the nurses turning corners and fucking gawking at me, this receptionist staring at me as if she had seen a ghost. I pounded my fist on the table, "Damnit, where is he!"