Charter 9: "It might sting a bit..."

Start from the beginning

She stared into the mirror that stood beside her and inspected her body. The marks were even more prominent than before, marking their territory all over her body which brought a thought to her mind. How in God's name was she going to cover all of these up? The answer was simple. She wasn't, she decided against a scarf, that would mean she'd have to decide upon a differing fashion choice, and frankly, she thought she would look good in her fabulous outfit today.

She idly began slipping the shirt over her head, Sighing as it snuggled her build comfortably without being overly tight, followed by the denim shorts which glided up her legs and hugged her waist and thighs. Then she felt contempt that on a cloudless, day like this the outfit suited her perfectly. Before she left to go outside, she grappled a pair of white, somewhat dirty converse from the floor. A single red stripe being led in full circuit around the sides and a label on the top that simply read 'All star' with a star adding distance between the two separate words.

She then removed the towel from her head and began to run a brush through the strands. Until each and every one was parted from each other and going straight down her back. Plugging in her hairdryer, a incredibly warm breeze swept through her locks and past her towards the outside world; kept apart by the thin, transparent wall that was her window.

Music began blaring audibly from the portal of her doorway which drifted down the passageways of her home, bouncing wall by wall until directed straight into the ears of the boy who sat, fully clothed and wide awake on the sofa. Staring ahead to avoid what may have followed him through the gateway to paradise.

She had stopped the warmth from the hair styling contraption and found her hair somewhat fuzzy, nothing that couldn't be fixed by an attentive round over with a brush; styling it backwards into a quiff. While smiling to herself in the mirror, she picked up a maroon beanie and placed it on her head firmly so it didn't flop around too much, however enough so that she could have a small dip at the back. She looked back into the mirror and had confirmed her previous assumptions; she looked far better than good - she was ravishing. Nodding in acceptance, she out of her doorway and downstairs into her living room, eyes falling on the emptiness and eerie serenity of the room. It was almost quiet enough that her heart could be heard with a repetitive thump which seamlessly blended in with the anomalous scene.

The living room was desolate, it was something that had become unnatural to her since Rose had come and it seemed like something she would never get used to. No, was it wrong? Was it wrong that she believed it should have been filled with the conversation of and enthusiastic comprehension of the boy who captivated her, it seemed so... perverse to her. There was no laughter, no complaints to greet her on her appearance that she appreciated so much. Not even the calm breaths of his lazy self. It felt - it was - morally wrong to her.

She took a step forwards and began to listen, it took a moment. There was something. A rapid mumbling. She began to step again, until something caught her eye on the ground across the room. Racing over to inspect it, she crouched on the ground to spy a droplet of red liquid on the ground. A liquid she grew to identify on sight, the heart that had already been racing had begun to reach new heights of speed and the feeling she grew to associate with Rose came to surface. Worry raced into her veins and she ran forward towards the mumbling around the house. Throwing her head left and right in hopes to sport a look at whatever entered her direct or peripheral vision. Relaying on her hearing to decide whether she was moving hotter or colder to her pained objective.

Her intuition told her the most sensible thing to do would be to find a trail. Track him down and take care of that wound. Then knock that thick skull of his into the ground.

She began to look as quickly as she could register everything for a clue as to what direction she should go in. The then spotted as small cluster of three droplets on the floor and another splattered one on the door frame. Approaching it, she traveled through the open gateway into the dining room. Eyes traversing the room rapidly as she saw a small stream of droplets traveling across the platform she stood on towards the next room. The door closed to the kitchen. A few droplets on the handle itself, rushing over to grip the handle, she threw it open. What she saw made her blood run cold and her bones jam to a halt.