Chapter 14 - Too Deep

Samill's POV

I wanted to throw up after listening to Xavier telling the story of his horrible encounter with Garrick for the last 24 hours. How could someone be this cruel?

"Xavier, yuh messing with his wife?"

"I'm sorry mom," he said, then started coughing.

Tried giving him some water to keep him hydrated. I was afraid to call a doctor and Garrick won't let me, no matter how hard I begged him. Xavier was so badly beaten, dirty, wet and in and out of consciousness.

"How did you get into this mess?" I asked him.

"It was a mistake."

"Mistake and me see yuh a the airport holding up mi wife, eeh? Still a follow up the woman and yuh know she is married. Yuh suck har pussy and is like yuh belly never full, aye bwoy—"

"Garrick, at least have some respect for me. Please! I need to know what is going on?"

"Yuh deaf? Your son was fucking my wife, he ruined my fucking marriage. Mi hurt and me like people feel my pain when me hurt. Me nuh selfish," he said then smiled.

What a sick fucker? Jesus, how did I get myself into this?

"Suh that's what you are doing with me? That's why you seek me out?"

His smile got wider as he sat on the counter lighting a spliff. "Yuh nuh know how life guh man? A man decided seh him aguh violate suh him has to be man enough to deal with the consequences. Just know anybody around him can get it."

I rushed to the toilet and hurled the contents of my stomach into it. I couldn't stop, I was coughing, crying and trying not to suffocate.

What is all this?

"Yuh good?" Garrick asked.

I had to give myself some time to answer, I sat there watching my son on the floor curled like he was about to die and I was too weak to help him.

"How could you do this? People make mistakes, Garrick. You do this to him and your wife wasn't innocent either, she just as fucking bad."

He jumped from the counter and grabbed Xavier. I screamed out for help and tried my hardest to fight him off my son.

"Pussy, mi wife wrong?" he asked a seemingly unconscious Xavier.

"Garrick, he needs help, please just stop." I cried but he held me off and I wasn't able to manage him.

"I can fix that," he said and dunked Xavier's head into the tub of water. I screamed, cried and fought tirelessly as I watched my son fighting for his life.

"Please Garrick I will do anything, I will carry the baby, just stop." I begged, there was nothing else I could do.

He lifted his head from the water and everything inside me hurt too see the scared look in my son's eyes and I couldn't do anything to help him.

"Please Garrick—"

He let him go and Xavier fell to the floor. I took his head and rested it into my lap. "I'm so sorry," he said. He could hardly breathe.

"I need to get him to the hospital," I said to Garrick.

"No," he said harshly.

"Would you want someone to hurt your child Garrick? Please don't let him die on me."

"If my child deserves it, then by all means, let him suffer," he said.

I rested Xavier's head on the floor and got up to face him. "Really? You remember what is going on? Imagine you make my child suffer and I take the one you want."