Chapter 35 - Ragnarok

Dahlia flinches as she hears something crash against the ground ahead of her.

"Stay. Please." Hulk says.

"Hulk?" She calls, guiding herself around the large jaw on the floor.

"Little Flower!" He exclaims, shoving Thor out of the way as he rushes to her. Thor rolls his eyes and starts speaking with Valkyrie as Hulk brings Dahlia over to his bed so they can sit and talk.

"How are you?" She asks, patting his arm.

"Good. Win a lot." He answers, making her laugh.

"I've heard. How did you get here?" She asks. 

"Ship crash." He replies. Dahlia jumps as she hears glass shattering.

"Odin is dead." Thor tells Valkyrie. "Hela, the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard." Dahlia stands and moves towards his voice.

"If Hela's back, then Asgard's already lost." Valkyrie says.

"I'm going to stop her." He replies.

"Alone?" She asks.

"Nope. I'm putting together a team. It's me, you, Dahlia, and the big guy." He tells her, patting Dahlia's shoulder as she reaches his side.

"No. No team. Only Hulk." Hulk protests.

"It's us and you." He corrects.

"I think it's only you and whoever she is." She tells him.

"Wait. Just listen. The Valkyrie are legend. Elite warriors of Asgard sworn to defend the throne." Thor says.

"She's not on Asgard, she has no obligation to help." Dahlia scolds.

"Thank you! I'm not getting dragged into another one of Odin's family squabbles." Valkyrie replies.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks.

"Your sister. Her powers come from Asgard, same as yours. When it grew beyond Odin's control she massacred everyone in the palace and tried to seize the throne. When she tried to escape her banishment, he sent the Valkyrie in to fight her back. I only survived because..." She explains, trailing off and shaking her head. "Look, I already faced her once back when I believed in the throne, and it cost me everything. That's what's wrong with Asgard. The throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham."

"I'm divorcing your brother and marrying her." Dahlia says.

"I agree." He tells her, ignoring Dahlia's comment. "That's why I turned down the throne. But this isn't about the crown. This is about the people. They're dying and they're your people, too."

"Forget it. I have." Valkyrie replies, pushing him away.

"Okay. Thank you." He says.

"For what?" She asks.

"For this." He answers, holding up the control to the device in his neck. He chuckles. "Didn't see that, did you?" She sighs as he powers off the device. "There, that's better. You know, go ahead. Stay here and enslave people for that lunatic. Keep drinking, keep hiding. But me..." He claps, and Hulk throws the ball to him. "I choose to run toward my problems and not away from them. Because that's what-" He's cut off as the ball he threw at the window bounces back and hits him in the face, knocking him to the floor.

"What just happened?" Dahlia asks.

"Nothing." He replies, getting to his feet. "Because that's what heroes do." He turns and jumps through the window, forgetting that Dahlia had joined him. She sighs.

"Friend stay!" Hulk says, joining her at the window.

"You wanna go after him?" She asks. 

"Friend stay!" He repeats.