Chapter 29 - Civil War

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asks.

"No." Sam answers. Dahlia sighs.

"Sam, move your seat up." She tells him. He complains under his breath but does as she says. "What were we talking about?" She asks, turning her attention back to Bucky.

"You were telling me about your powers." He reminds her.

"Oh, right." She says before she continues explaining her powers. She's interrupted a few moments later by him chuckling. "What? Did I miss something?"

"Steve's kissing Sharon." Sam tells her.

"Wait, what? Are they a thing?" She asks.

"With Steve? Who knows." He replies. She chuckles, quieting as Steve gets back in the car.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing." Bucky tells him. He looks at each of them before sighing and starting the car. "You've gotta teach me how to get Sam to listen to you like that." He whispers as Steve starts driving. She laughs and shakes her head.

"He made a joke about the view, not realizing I was blind. He feels bad about it, so he listens." She explains. He chuckles and continues asking her questions about her magic until they arrive.

***

 "Cap." Clint greets as everyone gets out of the cars.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve replies.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt." He tells him.

"Thanks for having my back." He says, looking to Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ass." She replies, moving around to join Dahlia, who explains everyone to Bucky. "Where's Pietro?" She asks, pulling Dahlia into a hug.

"I sent him home. If he listened, he should be there." She tells her. Wanda nods and moves to stand near Clint.

"What time zone is this?" A man asks as he climbs out of the van.

"Who is this?" Bucky asks Dahlia. She reaches out her magic but doesn't recognize him.

"I have no idea." She replies.

"Captain America!" The man greets as he shakes Steve's hand.

"Mr. Lang." He says, as they continue shaking hands.

"It's an honor." Lang tells him. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome!" He glances back at Wanda, pointing to Steve. "Captain America. I know you, too. You're great!" He turns back to Steve and briefly touches his arms. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so...thanks for thinking of me." He looks to Sam. "Hey, man!"

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam replies.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I-" He starts to say.

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again." He tells him.

"He totally kicked Sam's ass." Dahlia mutters, making Bucky chuckle.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asks.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" He answers.

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man." He warns.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott says.

"We should get moving." Bucky suggests.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint announces.

An alarm blares, and an announcement is made in German.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky translates.

"Stark." Sam says.

"Stark?" Scott asks.

"Suit up." Steve tells the group.

***

"Steve assigned me to babysit, so behave, all right?" Dahlia tells Sam and Bucky. They glare at each other before sighing and agreeing. They sit in silence as Sam uses Redwing to find the jet.

"We found it. Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway." Sam tells Steve. When they see the others start to fight, they take off, heading towards the hangar.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky asks as they run, looking at the person in the suit climbing along the windows.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now." Sam replies. The person in the suit swings through the glass, knocking Sam away. Bucky swings, but they catch it, staring at his arm.

"You have a metal arm?" The kid asks. "That is awesome, dude.

"It's a kid? Oh, I'm going to have a fun conversation with Tony." Dahlia says.

Sam gets up and flies towards the kid, taking him away from Bucky and Dahlia.

"You have the right to remain silent!" The kid tells him as he frees himself. He chases Sam and Bucky throws a sign at him. "Hey, buddy, I think you lost this!" He yells as he throws it back.

"It's a kid, be careful." Dahlia scolds him as he dives out of the way.

"I wasn't gonna hurt him!" He replies defensively.

"I didn't think that but it's better to be careful, don't you think?" She says. They hear a crash as Sam slams through a stall, landing on the ground. "Oops." She adds as the kid webs him to the railing.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" The kid asks him.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" He replies, looking down at the webbing.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, gotta say, that's awesome, man." He continues, ignoring the question.

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's usually not this much talking." Sam says.

"All right, sorry. My bad." He replies. 

He gets up and swings towards Sam as Bucky moves to help him, knocking them both through the railing and to the ground below. He webs Bucky's arm to the ground, then turns and webs Dahlia as she tries to help them.

"Guys, look, I'd love to keep this up, but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr. Stark, so, I'm really sorry." The kid tells them. He goes to web them, but Redwing grabs his arm and flies him away.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky asks.

"I hate you." Sam replies.

"What did I say? Do I have to tell Steve about your bad behavior?" Dahlia scolds as she frees herself from the webs. Bucky apologizes quietly and she cuts him loose before moving to stand next to Sam. "Apologize, and I'll cut through the webs." 

"I'm sorry." He mumbles after staying silent for a minute. She sighs but cuts the webs.

"Best behavior." Dahlia reminds them. She chuckles as she hears Sam muttering under his breath about Bucky, knowing they'll eventually become friends. 

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating this as much, I keep getting super busy on the weekends and haven't had time.