Chapter 12 - The Dark World

"Really, Thor?" Dahlia asks, feeling the rain hit her skin. 

"What? It matches my mood." He answers, shrugging. She rolls her eyes and pulls the hood of her cloak over her head.

"Everyone calls Loki the dramatic one, but you're both the most dramatic people I have ever met." She tells him. 

"Please never compare me to him again." He says. She pulls her arm free from his and punches him, making him stumble back. "What was that for?" He asks, rubbing his arm.

"Don't be rude. He's your brother and you should be celebrating anything you share. You're already different enough as is." She scolds.

Thor notices Jane and Darcy watching them and slips her arm back into his. He begins walking as Jane does, pulling Dahlia with him.

"Jane." He says, smiling as they meet. She slaps him and Dahlia winces.

"Sorry. I just needed to make sure you were real. It's been a very strange day." Jane tells him.

"It's not like he didn't deserve it." Dahlia mutters. Thor elbows her and she elbows him right back. 

"Jane, what-" He begins. He's interrupted by Jane slapping him again.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"Where were you?" He replies. Dahlia rolls her eyes at him.

"He means that my father cannot see you." She clarifies.

"I'm sorry, who are you? Who's your father?" Jane asks.

"Oh, right. You don't know who I am." She says, chuckling. "I am Dahlia Heimdalldottir."

"Oh." She replies. She turns back to Thor. "I was right here where you left me. I was waiting, and then I was crying and then I went out looking for you. You said you were coming back."

"I know. I know, but the Bifrost was destroyed. The Nine Realms erupted into chaos. Wars were raging, marauders were pillaging. I had to put an end to the slaughter." He explains. Jane, wanting confirmation looks to Dahlia. She feels eyes on her and leans towards Thor.

"Is she looking at me?" She whispers. 

"Yes. I think she wants to know if it is the truth." He replies.

"Oh, it is the truth. Thor is a horrible liar." She tells Jane.

"As excuses go, it's not terrible. But I saw you on TV. You were in New York!" She says.

"Jane, I fought to protect you from the dangers of my world, but I was wrong. I was a fool." Thor tells her.

"When aren't you a fool?" Dahlia mutters.

"Dahlia, you really aren't helping." He tells her.

"Oh, sorry." She apologizes, raising her hands and summoning her staff, using it to move away a few steps to give them a little privacy.

"Hey! Is this you?" Darcy asks, joining them. Thor looks up and stops the rain.

"Uh, we're kind of in the middle of something here." Jane says.

"Um, I'm pretty sure we are getting arrested." She tells her.

"Hold that thought." She replies, rushing away to deal with the police.

"Look at you, still all muscly and everything. How's space?" She asks.

"Space is fine." He answers.

"Who's this?" Darcy asks. "Cool staff by the way." She adds.