23.

Pacing around the room, I was nervous as hell. It's because of his support and organized way of preparing for exam I could remember and write properly. Not in my 28 years of my life I faced this level of  anxiety. My phone rang loudly and I jumped in my place.

"Hello?." I answered in quiet tone.

"What happened?." Dr Amogh asked.

"I.." I trailed not having much to say.

"Oh shit! It's 12.30 AM! I am so sorry! You must be sleeping." He apologized and I relaxed.

What is wrong with me?

"I have off tomorrow since I did extra duty this week. Actually two days off. I will definitely meet you tomorrow. Is it ok if we go somewhere? Or do you have plans with your friends? I can go for duty day after tomorrow and use that extra for some other day." He spoke continously. Is he stressed? Tensed? What happened to him?

"Where are you? What happened?." I questioned. I could hear him sigh. Did he bang his head just now???

"I am in car at hospital. My body realised how tired it is suddenly and my heart reminded me, no matter how much I try to speed things up to meet you,  I can't escape my duty to save lives. Which unfortunately made me late today to greet you personally on this very special occasion." He spoke making my heart flutter. We both went silent for few minutes listening to each other's breathing which was soothing for me.

Am I forgiving him?

Or

Will he like this change?

"You sleep. I will meet you tomorrow for breakfast if it's ok? I will wait for you to wake up, don't pressurize yourself.  Also, don't tell mom and uncle about it. They will unnecessarily prepare dishes, we will go out whenever you wake up. I just want to be around you now but-" I cut him off in the middle.

" I don't have any plans with my friends. We will meet during graduation ceremony and may be go out after that. Everyone is relaxing at their home. I will wake up for you. Now go home. You need rest, don't feel guilty about today. I am so happy you called, waited for me to talk with my friends which I didn't. Don't beat yourself up. Just go home. Drive safely... for me." I added the last part hoping he will wake up from his guilty.

"For you?." He asked.

"Yeah, be safe for me." I said giggling internally. Never knew it will take me these many years to start flirting with the man I love.

"Really? You think about me?." He asked. I hummed, mumbled a good night and disconnected his call. Now that I know he's done with work, I felt relief wash over me. Sitting on the bed, I scrolled through my Instagram when I received a message from him.

'Sharing live location for you,  only you. ' He messaged his  location. I smiled at his message. Not wanting to disturb him,  I kept my phone aside and went through the room. As time passed I heard the sound of his engine and gate opening. Walking quietly,  I checked my phone to see him reaching the location. Before he could open the door, I stood opening it wide.

His confused face turned shocked to surprised to happiness within few minutes. His mom came behind me tapping on my shoulder.

"So... Mr. Upadhyay,  yours truly Anagha is here. Is this the way you greet your student? One that topped the university?." She questioned. He smiled rubbing his neck.

"Anagha?." Dr Amogh finally spoke. His mom,  winked at me before going inside her room. We both looked at eachother silently, light snores of Yug can be heard from adjust room.

"Hi." I spoke taking steth and bag from his hands. He seemed to be in shock. Looking at my hand, he held it.

"You are here." He whispered moving close to me. I smiled not having much to say.

"Freshen up.  Did you eat?." I asked.

"Did you?." He asked with concern. I nodded my head as yes.

"I had dinner during my break. Are you hungry now? Shall I make noodles for you?." He asked worrying about me.

"No. You should be hungry! All I have been doing is eating since two months. Look at me ! I am so fat!." I whined he chuckled closing door behind him. Walking inside his room he took his scrubs off while I blindly followed him. Turning around, he stilled. I smiled sped from there realizing, I made him uncomfortable.

"You..where are you going to? My room?." He questioned coming out of his room with only pants. I looked away immediately.

"Mom said I can." I replied not looking at him. With two long strides he got hold of my hand and dragged me to his room. Locking it,  he pulled me towards him into a tight hug. We stayed in that position for few minutes. Neither of us spoke anything to break the hug. We needed it.

"I am so happy Anagha! You can't believe how happy I am! You got capabilities and it didn't get wasted!." He spoke into my hair still hugging me. I smiled, nothing makes me satisfied other than the fact that he's genuinely happy about me.

"I can't believe you are here!." He spoke holding my face between his palms. I nodded my head as yes. Without wasting a second, he kissed me. It was slow, delicate showing how happy he's been with my result. People might think this is normal for everyone but Dr Amogh gives me weird satisfaction when he says he's proud of me. As if I have crossed rivers to meet him! He slowly walked me back without leaving me. His lips sucked mine in a slow pace and time stilled when he pushed me on to the bed. Hovering above me, Dr Amogh kissed slowly taking his time not putting his weight on my body.

"Amogh!." I moaned when he broke to catch his breath. With wide eyes, he looked at me shocked. It took almost one whole minute for me to realise what i have said.

"I am sorr-" He cut me off by kissing me again. After a lot of few minutes,  we both parted to catch breath with lights still on I could see his face has turned red.

"We are not in college nor we have usual professor- student relation. Not that you are done with college why do you still insist on addressing me that way! I never wanted you to call me that!." He said getting up. Laying down he pulled me towards him.

"It was you who laid those rules not me, I have to call you sir no matter what happens. I wonder what made you back out from your own decisions?." I asked turning towards him.

"You happened. Can't believe you are so stubborn compared to me regarding following rules. " I said flicking her nose.

"Am I? I still wonder when will you go back following your own decisions. Who knows one day you will find your own judgement is right rather than changing your life for someone like me. " I spoke.  He went silent, his hold on me tightened.

"You were never someone for me. Are you seriously fighting about it now? I am so tired filled with guilt that I couldn't meet you whole day and here you are digging up past when I already told you it's not what you think it is! Don't ever call me sir or Dr Amogh or in any formal way!." He whispered yelled. I went mum, ok I will leave aside my doubts only for him.

"I came here to meet you. Thank you for all the support you have shown all these years. Although you were distant but I think you wanted me near you to keep an eye. Whatever maybe the reason for your behavior, I am happy to have you around. " I stated which made him smile.

"That's it?." He asked. I balanced myself on my elbow looking at him.

"I told you, you will thank me the way I want. This is not valid when I do it, promise me you won't get angry or deny it?." He asked. I nodded my head as yes.

What could possibly be his way of getting thank you from me?

**********************
Please vote comment and share my story!

This is by far the best chapter I have written. I personally liked it.  What about you?