I give it back to her I don't know but I'm offended by her answer that affected my mood quickly.

"Okay." I sighed and fixed my stuff.

"Let's go, basketball sa gym." pag aakit ko na lang sa apat at hindi tinapunan ng tingin si allyna.

I walked out ahead of them and headed towards the gym.

When I opened the door, there was no one inside.

nice, they're probably sitting on their asses in class.

I started playing, shooting hoops and dribbling.

It's already fifteen minutes passed, but the four of them still hadn't shown up, hindi na matikal sa mga kaibigan ni allyna.

I threw the ball at the board out of frustration and then lay down on the floor.

I know I shouldn't feel this way because we're not even together yet, and I'm still in the process of courting her. But I can't help but be hurt by what Allyna said earlier, especially because the first person that came to my mind was Caleb.

What if she gives those cookies to him? It sounds absurd, especially since they're not close or talking like before, but jealousy is consuming me.

I just wanted to ask her why she's giving me a Tupperware of cookies when I'm the one who's courting her, I should be the one who's giving her gifts.

But until now, I haven't thought of anything to give her.

I don't want to give her chocolate or flowers because it feels cliché, and I'm struggling to come up with something meaningful.

I'm not used to this because I have no experience, and I don't want to ask Lian for advice because they'll just tease me.

I sighed and closed my eyes, lost in my thoughts.

I was brought back to reality when someone poked my cheek.

I opened my eyes and saw my own definition of Aphrodite sitting beside me, smiling apologetically.

"Are you mad? I'm sorry," she said cutely while looking down.

"Nah, I'm not," I denied and sat up.

"Yes, you are. I can tell from your tone, Mercer."

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. You were asking a lot of questions, and I just wanted to give you cookies as an apology for being mean to you these past few days. I don't want to say sorry because it's normal for me to act bitchy when I'm on my period, but I wanted to make it up to you by giving you something." she explained cutely, fidgeting with her fingers.

cute but I'll tease her muna.

"Nag sosorry ka ba or sinisisi mo pa ako?" I asked using my stoic tone and she panic.

"Ye- I mean no! of course not!."

"Look I'm sorry okay? just taste this, I baked this for you."

I nodded, pretending to still be slightly upset, as she handed me the cookies. I took one and tasted it, savoring the delicious yet familiar flavor.

woahhh this effin' delicious pero familiar ‘yong lasa.

I furrowed my eyebrows, I saw her panic about my reaction.

"Hindi masarap?" she asked sadly.

Instead of replying, I took another cookie and savored each bite, enjoying the sweetness as it melted in my mouth.