Ch 2 Pt 6: The Wicked(?) Zombie Maker(?)

On a hill, far away from town.

There was a public cemetery for poor and homeless people. The dead were buried in this world. A hole would be dug and they'd be covered with earth.

Our quest this time was defeating the undead monsters that were emerging from the cemetery.

It was almost evening. We set up a tent near the cemetery and waited for night to fall.

Aqua: "Slow down, Kazuma, I saw that meat first! Here, the vegetable on this side's done, so eat this instead!"

Shigeo: "After the cabbage hunt, I don't like eating vegetables anymore. I'm afraid of the vegetable flying off somewhere if I grill it..."

Shiro: "This is not the scenery i was imagining..."

Megumin: "For a quest?"

Shiro: "For a picnic. Im sitting on a grave for Eris' sake."

We decided to pass the time by doing some good ol' barbequing.

Normally I'd be on alert for any monsters, but this was something called a zombie maker.

It was an evil spirit that controlled zombies, possessing high-quality corpses while manipulating several zombies as minions.

This monster could be defeated by a novice party, so we took on this quest.

Even with our party's current state, we had two stand users, excluding me, on standby. So i felt pretty safe.

Even if Darkness doesn't have her armor on, it wouldn't be too dangerous for her.

After finishing our meal, I poured coffee powder into a mug, added water with Create Water, and used the Tinder spell to heat the mug. Kazuma did the same as we waited for the coffee to brew.

This was Basic Magic a beginning mage could easily learn.

As its name suggested, Tinder was a spell to light a fire and posed no offensive threat. But, to me and Kazuma, it was an important spell that could replace a lighter.

Megumin looked at us with a complicated expression and held out her cup.

Megumin: "Excuse me, please give me some water. I feel that Kazuma and [Y/N]'s more proficient than me in using magic. No one uses basic spells, but you make it look convenient."

Kazuma: "Is that so, isn't this the way to use basic spells? Oh right, Create Earth!... Hey, what's this spell used for?"

Shiro: "Well, the crops grown from magically created earth are high in quality... That's pretty much it."

Aqua then bursted into laughter.

Aqua: "What, Kazuma wants to plow the land? Are you changing jobs to a farmer? You could use Create Water for the plants too! This job's a great fit for you, puhehe!"

He then faced Aqua with his right palm as he raised his left hand.

Kazuma: "Wind Breath!"

Aqua: "Puhe, ahhh! Ah-! My eyes!"

[Y/N]: "Well, thats one way to use it. Oh look, the coffee's done."

Aqua: "No, normal people don't use it that way! And why are you using basic spells better than a mage!?"