Ch 1 Pt 4: "The Main Character Has Entered The Stage!" (REWRITE)

Sad Aqua: "No one's coming..."

Muffled [Y/N]: "This is the thirteenth time you've said it, shut up."

If you're wondering why I'm muffled, it's because i am currently in the warm and hard embrace that is the table.

After putting up a recruitment notice, we just sat here, waiting for someone to show up.

Kazuma: "We've been waiting for half the day already. Maybe we should lower our standard. I get that, because our goal is to defeat the Demon King, however... 'only top-tier jobs' is a bit too grueling..."

[Y/N]: "You don't say..."

In this world, adventurer jobs are divided in tiers, the higher the tier, the more important the job. Simple as that.

Some people are naturally gifted and can receive these high tier jobs the moment they register. Some not so much, and require them to work their asses off to reach those jobs.

Aqua probably wanted to recruit powerful companions to take down the Demon King. I know i would as well. But...

[Y/N]: "There's no way we're going to get any high tier jobs in the beginner town, Aqua. We're better off going somewhere near the borders, maybe the capital?"

Kazuma: "With a team like this? I doubt it. Hell, we haven't even gotten any new members! Besides, you two have high tier jobs and i have the weakest."

[Y/N]: "When was Summoner a high tier job?"

Kaz: "If we get any more members, I'll lose my place!"

[Y/N]: "OH, SO THAT'S THE ONLY THING IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW, HUH?!"

I took hold of the collars of his tracksuit and began to shake him vigorously.

And that's when...

"I saw the notice recruiting adventurers with top-tiers jobs. Are you the ones who posted it?"

...A feminine voice suddenly spoke.

We all turned to look at the source of the voice.

She appeared to be dressed in a crimson robe, with a dark coat draped over her shoulders, and an odd looking wizard hat atop her head, each piece embellished with yellow accents along the edges

She appeared to be dressed in a crimson robe, with a dark coat draped over her shoulders, and an odd looking wizard hat atop her head, each piece embellished with yellow accents along the edges. She adorned a red and yellow eyepatch on her left eye.

She seemed quite young, somewhere between 12 to 13 years old. Her doll-like eyes stared at us with excitement.

After a moment of silence, the girl finally spoke.

Megumin: "My name is Megumin! My calling is that of an Archwizard, and one who controls the strongest offensive magic, Explosion!"

...
...
...

[Y/N]: "The hell's a Megumin? Who names their child that?"

Megumin: "Oi, you have a problem with my name?"