Ch 2 Pt 5: Fresh New Looks

Darkness: "...Oh, I almost couldn't recognize you two."

Megumin: "Whoa-Kazuma and [Y/N] finally looks the part of an adventurer."

Once we got back to the guild, they both commented on our attire.

Wait a minute, if Kazuma didn't look like adventurers back then, what did he look like then? And why did no one say that about Shigeo? I felt compelled to ask but i decided not to.

Shigeo: "Looks neat!" He gave me a thumbs up.

Shiro: "Yeah."

[A/N: I originally wanted to use Giorno's outfit, but it seemed out of place for this world. I mean, have you seen his outfit? So I'm going to leave what your equipment looks like to you.]

Kazuma went for a basic white shirt, along with a gold-trimmed green mantle metal gauntlets and shin guards. He also has a shortsword on his left hip.

We finally looked like real adventurers.

Anyways, he seemed confident to take on another quest. So all of us, including Shiro since he said he can join our group for quests not relating to the Demon King, went to the quest board.

Darkness: "Hey, how about this. 'Take out the Giant Toads-'"

M, A, [Y/N]: """NO GIANT TOADS!"""

Darkness: "Eh? Why not? Toads fear blades and are easy to take down, their sole mode of attack's grabbing prey with their tongues, and the meat of toads can be sold for easy money. I've heard that you might get eaten if your equipment's too weak, but since toads hate metal, Kazuma should be safe with his current equipment. I'll protect everyone else"

Kazuma: "Ah, forgive them, they're a bit traumatized from those things. Every encounter they had the two girls always ended up getting eaten headfirst and covered in toad slime. Megumin and Aqua were eaten head first in one gulp and [Y/N] ended up covered in slime, so it can't be helped."

[Y/N]: "And they ruin my hair! Do you have any idea how hard it is to maintain it?"

Kaz: "Then stop cosplaying as your favorite anime character damnit!"

[Y/N]: "I can't help myself!"

Meanwhile, the masochist had a different reaction.

Darkness: "C-Covered in slime... Eaten headfirst.... Mnngh.."

She was already fantasizing about it....

Shiro: "...Did that make you excited?"

Darkness: "Absolutely not."

It absolutely did.

Kazuma: "Let's just get another quest...The emergency cabbage hunt aside, this is our party's first quest. Let's pick something easy to complete."

Everyone except me, Kazuma, and Aqua went to the bulletin board after hearing his suggestion.

Aqua seemed to be looking down on Kazuma after hearing what he said.

Aqua: "What an introverted hikiNEET... Only Kazuma has the weakest job, so I understand why you're being cautious. But including me, the other members have top-tier jobs! We should take on a bunch of high-difficulty jobs and make lots of money, level up like crazy and take down the Demon King easily! That's why we should take on difficult quests-"

[Y/N]: "Need i remind you of the Giant Toads?"

Aqua: "EEK!"

Kazuma: "You know... You haven't really been of use so far."