Chapter 5

*Before the sun has risen, Lori was already up… Not that she was able to sleep after musing the remainder of the night. Her mind is hazy, wishing that this was all a dream. But… that's what she also wished when everyone realized they cannot find Lincoln that fateful day, Despite wanting to wallow in her sorrow some more, it won't be fair for her parents who she can smell making breakfast*.

Lori: Maybe they can let us skip school… Just for today. *Finally getting up, Lori met a downtrodden Luan who was waiting outside the bathroom. Exiting it was a just as unhappy Luna*.

Luna: Well… At least bro cleaned up before hitting the road."

Luan: Yeah…, he made a clean getaway. Get it? *She tried but her heart wasn't into it. The one-arm hug showed how her rocker of a sister appreciated the effort. At the other end of the hall was Leni who is trying her best to comfort the twins. The crying and finding Lincoln's room empty confirmed her feared prediction*.

Lola: Why?! Why didn't you ask him to stay?! You had him in your grasp!" *that was Lola's demand. But they can feel a deep yearning unlike her usual shallow tantrum. Lana scolded her twin, but she too wanted to know why Leni let him go. She was just as desperate as everyone*.

Leni: It… It's not right. It would be asking too much of him. *The elder blonde meekly and honestly answered, Before the more impulsive ones could demand clarification, a dark presence made herself known*.

Lucy: When Lincoln was still here… we always asked for his help…, sometimes at his expenses*. Lucy sullenly said as she exited the vent, followed by Lisa who went to retrieve her*.

Lisa: Sure, there were times that we are the brunt of his scheme…, but he did his best to make things right…, again at his expenses. *The 'video incident' was the most notable Luan remembered*.

Lola: Come on! Don't go putting him on a pedestal now! We made things right with Lincoln too, you know? *Wishing it was phrased elegantly, they agreed with Lola that their brother was not the only one affected*.

Lisa: True, we did make amends with him for some of our… conflicts. We only troubled ourselves to the single male child in the family. *She factually stated*.

Lucy: Yet he took up the burden of aiding ten of us. *Her words weighed their hearts, recalling how their brother meant to each one*.

Leni: He was very patient with us. *She softly supplied, remembering how he tried an unorth- a different way of teaching her to drive. Lola remembered how her older brother took the time to teach her how to read, almost taking the fall for their loss*.

Lana: Reliable. *She may be too young to realize the consequence of their action, but she understood clearly that Lincoln can always be counted on. Luna can't help but think how they made it hard for him, like the 'supermarket ban' and many others. But despite all that…, bro always pulled through…, sometimes taking the heat for them*.

Lisa: Kind. *She admitted that she wished her brother could have accomplished more. But it was the small gestures of kindness, such as preparing PBJ just the way she liked, that made her profoundly missed him. Lori agreed because when it truly mattered, Lincoln always thought of them*.

Lucy: Self-sacrificing. *Tears welled once more as Lucy remembered how Lincoln took their teasing just because she was afraid. Luan felt guilt for getting his friend involved… and admiration with how far her little assistant will go for those he values*.

Lincoln loud As Hatake Kakashiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें