Chapter 2

~~

As the morning sun peeked through Adeline's curtains, filling her room with a warm golden glow, her maids Emily and Lily entered quietly, their soft voices breaking the silence of the early morning.

"Good morning, Princess Adeline," Emily greeted, drawing back the curtains to let in more light. Sophia followed, opening the windows to invite in the fresh morning air. Adeline stirred, her eyes fluttering open. She pushed aside the remnants of her nightmares, focusing on the new day ahead.

With Emily and Sophia's help, she got out of bed and started her morning routine. They assisted with her grooming, skillfully brushing her hair and dressing her in a gown of soft silk and delicate lace. They adorned her with jewelry, including a necklace holding a picture of her family—a reminder of their love and support.

**

Princess Adeline entered the dining hall, sunlight streaming through tall windows , illuminating the polish wooden table. Her father , King Leo, sat at the head of the table , buried in scrolls and letters , while Queen Eleanor studied a map spread out before her. Maids buzzed around, setting down plates of breakfast. 

" Morning , Father. Morning , Mother" Adeline greeted them with a smile as her mother , Queen Eleanor looked up and saw her daughter before she smiled at her daughter. 

" Adeline , good morning. Did you sleep well?" she asked with a smile as the servants pull a chair for Adeline to sit. She thanked the servant and looked at her mother. " Yes , I slept well Mother. Thank you for asking" she replied as she saw the servants put the food down in front of them before noticing the papers and map on the table. 

" What are those papers, Father?" she asked as she pointed at the papers in front of her Father. King Leo pushed the scrolls aside , focusing on his daughter. " Reports from villages about the harvest festival preparations", he explained. 

" The Harvest Festival?! It's finally happening! So, are you going to host it Father? Or is it Mother?" She asked as the maid poured tea for the princess. The King and Queen looked at each other and smiled before looking at her. 

" Actually , me and your father talked about it last night.. how about you host it this year?" her mother asked as Adeline eyes widened in shock. The Harvest Festival is still far away but this is sudden news. 

"M-Me..? But I don't know how!" Adeline exclaimed as her mother only smiled. " I know this is sudden but I think we should give you a chance to host an important event. This will be your training as the future Queen of this Kingdom " Her mother said as Adeline was still processing the sudden news that her parents dropped on her. 

" I know this will be your first time but I know you ,Addie. You're full of ideas and you're so creative. I want you to host this year's Harvest Festival. Don't follow mine or your mother's ideas. We want to see how would you host this Harvest Festival with your own ideas" Her Father replied as he assured her. 

" So.. what do I need to do?" 

***

"Good morning, Your Highness. I hope you had a pleasant breakfast," Professor Alex greeted Princess Adeline warmly as she entered her study for their history class.

"Good morning, Professor. I did, thank you. I'm really looking forward to today's lesson," Adeline replied with a smile, eager to learn.

"I'm glad to hear that. Today, we'll explore the history of our kingdom and our neighbors: Avaloria, Seraphina, Zephyria, and Nocturna," Professor Alex explained, pointing to each kingdom on the map.