“ON THE ROAD AGAIN!” We all look at Amanda and laugh as she sings WAY out of key. We’re soon teaching everyone the song and laughing as we leave. Laughing is better than crying.

21:33

The carriage jostling to a sudden stop and shouts of "Take cover!" and "Get inside!" wake me. I hear the kids and a few adults scream right before something hits the side. We’ve been on the road all day with no issues. Now we’re suddenly under attack.

“In here!” I hear Tira scream. I look out to see her moving anyone who can’t fight into the medical wagon. Her door is in there. I scream when a spear nearly hits her chest. She dodges the spear as it cuts her upper arm. I want to shred whoever hurt my baby!

I sigh with relief when her scales cover it and the bleeding stops. I look to see our attackers and freeze. It’s our own people! They’re Reveníre. Why? They don’t look feral.

“MAMA!” Tira screams, trying to run to our little carriage. I’m the only one in it. Larry was driving. Where is he? A long, painful howl pierces the air before a terrifying roar, and the sounds of a massive dog fighting are heard. I scream when one of the attackers grabs Tira.

“Come on out rach’crè. Is this your little edlíduin tübarl? Let’s see if it bleeds.” She sneers and holds a blade to Tira’s neck.

“NO!” I cry out. I can’t get out of the carriage! What the fụck! I need to get out! Tira’s growl stops me and surprises her captor. Fire erupts from Tira’s hands to the woman’s arm, holding her neck. She screams and releases Tira. She puts her hands on the woman’s face. More flames. It looks like the woman is melting. Gross.

Tira runs to the front of the carriage. I’m freaking out. I hear her grunting and something dragging. Somehow, she’s able to open the door. My heart stops when I see who she’s dragging. Larry! There’s a spear sticking out of him.

“Nonononono!” I quickly help her get him in and put him on one of the beds with the aid of the force tiesh. “Don’t pull it, but we have to make it smaller, somehow.”

“Roll him on his side. Hold the pole. I’ll burn it off.” I quickly comply. She places her hands carefully around it and burns the pole. I try my hardest to hold it still as the weight shifts. Larry lets out a pained grunt with each piece. Only a few inches is sticking out of either side now.

“Larry, Tyr, can you hear me?” He weakly opens his eyes, and a little smile appears.

“Ah, my Princess.” He caresses my cheek. I close my eyes and hold his hand to my cheek, trying not to cry. “You know, it took all I had to talk to you on Earth. Larry didn’t know we were sharing a consciousness at times.” A tear slips from my eye. “None of that now." He wipes it away. "I can heal this... with help.” My eyes pop open.

“How? What can we do?” His smile is pained.

“Pour some of that magic water on the wound. Then, one of you has to push it through while the other keeps pouring water on the edges.” I look at him horrified. “You can do it. It’s the only way. You, my girls, my princesses, have to do this.” I want to panic. “If not, I’ll die soon.” That stops me.

“Mama, you pour. My hand is smaller and can fit in the hole.” I nod. We quickly sanitize the wound and Tira’s arm. I pour isilmëmírë water on his back, then start on the front. I keep pouring as she pushes the spear’s post out of his back.

I try not to throw up, watching her arm disappear into his abdomen. I hold the post as she pushes and keeps pouring. It makes a sickening slurp and pop when it comes out. I let it drop when it's clear and quickly pour through the open wound in the back as Tira pulls her arm out. When she’s clear, I pour more through the front wound opening.

The Wish of a Broken Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें