The angel isn't an angel

She stood on the edge of her temple, after a nice warm bath and getting dressed she was finally ready. She'd been looking down and watching the lower world from heaven periodically for years now. Seeing the actions of her fellow gods, as well as the mortal races, part of her regretted not going with Artemis when she descended. Apparently Hestia was also planning to descend to the lower world, they talked about it the other day while hanging out. Though part of her worried about her because of her grand illusions about the lower world. While she wasn't entirely sure what to expect it was surely going to be a new experience. A smile spread across her lips as she looked forward to soaring across the sky of the world below, looking up at the sky of heaven there was a spark in her eyes as she firmly resolved to leave. She was just waiting for her best friend to see her off.

"Nike?" Turning to the voice, she saw her best friend approaching her. Stoic expression, spear in hand, her beauty was as natural as the grace in each movement she made. She was the goddess of wisdom, Athena. Given her clothes and the way she held her spear, she was still in the middle of her daily training. "So it's true, you're leaving."

Nike gave her a warm smile, "Don't give me that look. I've put this off three times already. I knew you'd come and say goodbye, you're the last person I'd leave without speaking to."

The stoic faced goddess cracked a small smile. "Things are going to be quite for me without you around. Maybe I should go with you, I don't have too many friends left here on Olympus. You and Hestia are leaving, Artemis and Astrea are gone, I even miss having Aphrodite to talk to."

"You mean smacking around when she steps out of line?"

"Not the point.  Though admitedly I miss my little talks with Hera."

"What about Hephaestus?" She asked with a sly smile.

"Her to. Ironically I don't regret you pushing that date on me."

"I'll let them know how much you miss them if I see them."

"What excatly are you seeking in the lower world?"

"I want to form a strong familia with children who can obtain true victory. Souls who can conquer with nothing more than their own wills."

"I've looked down at the lower world numerous times, there are many children with fine Valor. "

"All the reason I want to go down and make those children my family. This is a new adventure, and the best part is that I can't predict much of it."

"Well then...Fair well, Nike. Good luck to you."

"Thank you, Sister. Any last words of wisdom?"

"Don't recruit in Orario. You'll find your ideal children outside the city, three would be a good start... How many do you prefer anyway?"

At least 7, not much more than 10."

Athena crossed her arms, "That seems small."

"How many would you want?"

"More than 80, less than 100." You never have too many problems until you have too many partners after all."

"True. But you can go faster and farther with a smaller group." The two shared a final smile, ( Which was rare for Athena), before Nike turned around and took a breath. She activated her Arcanum, her energy flowed before she faded away. Athena looked into the distance, she knew it wouldn't be forever but she would greatly miss her best friend.

A pillar of light descended from the sky, signaling that a new deity was coming down to the lower world. At the center of it was the goddess of victory, a bright smile on her face as she took in the sights from above on her way down. Her back sparked with golden light until it formed two pairs of devine wings of the purist white, a larger and a smaller pair. With one flap they stopped her descent and with another she exited the pillar of light. The devine power that had been shrouding her faded away, sealed in her now relatively mortal body. Freeer than any bird, her wings carried her through the vast sky of this unfamiliar world.