My Greatest Adventure

"You're finally my wife," Colin said, staring down at Penelope in awe as he carried her up the steps of their new shared home. 

Penelope giggled giddily, burying her blushing face in her husband's neck as she felt his hands roam well past where was needed to support her weight. "You have been calling me your wife for weeks before our wedding actually happened," she reminded him, sneaking a kiss to the spot of skin uncovered by his pesky cravat.

"Mmm," he hummed with pleasure at the feel of her lips and her fingers as they caressed his curls. They finally reached their chambers and he kicked the door open and shut behind them with ease. "But now, you really are my wife, which means..." He carefully dropped her onto their mattress where she landed with a light bounce. "I get to ravish you whenever I wish," he said in a low, gravelly voice that sent shivers straight to her core. Then Colin devoured her lips, stealing whatever words she might have used to retaliate.

"Colin!" Penelope gasped when his mouth reached that delicious spot behind her ear. "God, Colin, I want you."

"Patience, wife," he said, smiling against her skin. "This is the first time I get to have you fully, and I want to savour it."

He kissed along her jaw, against her cheek, along her neck, and placed a loving peck to her nose before pulling away. Then he stared down at her for a moment, revelling in the fact that he had every right to do so now. She knew his feelings and he knew hers. Nothing was stopping them from taking their time with one another and cherishing the love they shared. He had dreamt of this moment for years, long before he even knew it was Penelope he was dreaming of. He wasn't going to waste it.

"Colin," she whispered, tracing her finger along his jaw when he had remained quiet for too long. "What is it?" She asked, her brows crinkled with worry.

Colin smiled, wide and unreserved. "Sorry," he said, kissing her sweetly before pulling back to stare at her again. "You're just so beautiful. Every time I look away from you, my brain tries to fill in the gaps and remind me, but it doesn't do justice to seeing you with my own eyes." 

Penelope gasped softly. "Who knew you were such a romantic?" She teased, running her hands along his arms, reminding him that somehow, they were both still wearing clothes. He'd have to change that.

"I want to see you bare," he said, thinking perhaps it might be overwhelming for her if he suddenly tore off her dress like a barbarian.

Penelope bit back a smile of her own, a devilish look in her eyes. He once thought her to be so innocent and demure, but he was glad to see all of sides of her now, and to be proven very wrong. "However will you do so with all these layers between us?" She asked, daring him to do exactly as he wished with the blankets of fabric keeping him from sinking into her.

Colin groaned, hovering his hands over his bride's sides, taking in the creamy white lace of her dress. Madame Delacroix must have worked hard on it, he reasoned, but all he wanted to do was take it off of her. He gave Penelope a look as if asking permission and when she nodded, the dress was slit in two within seconds. The sheer intensity of the action, the rawness of desire, he saw what it did to Penelope and only turned him on more. 

"Pen," he groaned again, his mouth practically watering at the sight of her before him. Her breasts spilled out of her stays, the tips of her nipples on display for him. "How do I get this off of you?" He asked gruffly, fidgeting with the stiff silken structure laying over her chemise.

Penelope shifted, sitting up and prompting him to help her to her feet. The torn fabric slipped off her body, fluttering the floor. She turned so her back was to him, revealing a row of laces for him to undo. He pulled at the string slowly, each one bringing them closer and closer to an intimacy they had yet to reach. Ever since the carriage incident, and especially after the fiasco with the Queen, the couple had barely had two seconds alone together. The fleeting moments that they could steal were only filled by heavy kisses and nothing more.