3: not your normal night

The sound of papers being flipped echoed in the dark room. Only a candle illuminates the slight space of the room that has been positioned on the table.

Flip.

The tip of the quill pen touched the white parchment, leaving a stroke of lines and symbols of black colour.

Sigh.

A sigh escapes his healthy lips. His dainty fingers raise up towards his forehead before he pinches it slightly, trying to create a pressure that might lessen his headache.

Even though, there is already a dark circle forming under his eyes, his posture has become sluggish after sitting for too long and his hair has been tousled like a bird nest, his image as the blinding sun of his kingdom is still there.

His blond hair that framing his forehead has been pulled back up. His shirt button has been opened, revealing his white collarbone and a necklace he wore each day, each time.

He gaze descended upon a mountain of paper on his table. On the opposite side is a finished review of some of the papers. Nevertheless, the amount he had finished can't be compared to the unfinished ones on his table.

A raising headache is a clear indication that he was tired and lacked sleep making him feel dizzy.

"Tea, I need tea."

His hoarse voice echoed in the empty room even though he was just talking to himself. The liquid of hot tea might make his eyes open for him to finish this mountain of paperwork, he thought.

He pushed his velvet chair behind before he stood up. He stopped for a while after he felt a strain on his muscle.

"Ugh."

He let out a groan before he stood straight, stretching out his body to the back before he could hear a 'pop' sound and he let out a sigh.

He trudged towards the cabinet on the left side of his table, opening it and took out a cup and a tea bag. He waited for the water to boil before he expertly poured the water into his cup which he had put the tea in.

He grabbed the tea spoon and two cubes of sugar before he dunked it into the tea and used the spoon to swirl the sugar.

The clinking sound of the cup meeting with the spoon was the only sound in the room now. He stopped his movement before he trudged back towards his table along with his newly brewed hot tea.

"Sigh."

He let out another sigh after his bottom fell on the familiar texture of his velvet chair.

He brought the cup towards his soft lips before he exhaled the aroma of the tea. He took a sip and let out an exhale.

He closed his eyes for a while to drown himself with the sweet taste of the tea. He took another sip before he put the cup back on the table.

He pushed aside the cup before he grabbed a handful of papers that he needed to review. He continued his work with the tea and candle as his companion for the silent night.

Squeak.

His eyebrows twitched.

Tap. Squeak.

His hand stopped moving.

Tap. Tap. Squeak.

His blue eyes raised from looking at the paperwork. It was just his eyes that were moving.

Tap.

"Huff, ak!"

Squeak.

Tap. Tap. Tap.