Chapter 30: You Found A Friend

Raven waited anxiously as his vision became tinted with red. He still hadn't gotten over that battle. Despite everything they went through, he still tried to kill her. Kill Ayre. His partner, his only best friend. But Ayre's calm presence helped settle him down.

DARK WING was once again switched around. It had its BML-G1/P32DUO-03 Dual Missile Launchers, replacing the stun needle launcher. The BML-G1/P31DUO-02 took the place of the secondary shoulder light wave blade. And the left arm with the light wave blade had a Vvc-774LS Laser Slicer instead.

The AC also got a bit of a color change as well.

The main black-hole-pitch black color scheme was replaced with more of a less pure shiny white. It was supposed to match the same white that ECHO had.

The ultra reflective blue sub-main was replaced with a more half-plain-half-shiny red, a Coral red, almost like RESOLUTION. It was supposed to be in honor of it.

Ayre gasped at its design as the white raven logo was switched with one that was black like a raven's fur. It also had something that looked like a shield in the back. And it also appeared to have some kind of circular pattern almost like flower petals, only that it was red, Coral red.

"Oh, Raven," Ayre slightly teared up, "It's beautiful."

<<It's just the beginning, partner.>>

The weaponry however kept their black and blue color scheme.

The device once again glowed Coral red while the weaponry had more of a blue theme just like OBSIDIAN WING. In memory of the AC of midnight black.

Raven and Ayre looked at the outside of the AC and smiled, or in Raven's case, he more or less had on a bit of an arrogant smirk, the closest he could get to an actual smile. Either way, they both stood proudly of their very work.

Ayre eventually informed Raven that she added some kind of "modification." She was literally able to add in the other modes, or transformation forms. It was like RESOLUTION and JUSTICE BRINGER: Able to turn into a jet plane and a cannon.

So now top speed and unleashing powerful damage will no longer be an issue.

Now, they just needed a new name for it.

Well, it mainly had dark-themed weaponry just like OBSIDIAN WING while the frame of the AC itself had more of a color scheme similar to ECHO and RESOLUTION.

They wanted it to be something meaningful. Something to go with "Liberator of Rubicon" as the natives had been calling them rather recently.

Then, it came to them; Raven felt Ayre's idea ended up matching his own. He pressed frequently on the keyboard, entering in the name of their new AC. That's right. To an extent, it was no longer just Raven's AC, it would also be considered Ayre's too.

She looked as the mercenary took a step back as they both gazed into the new name of the AC:

[WING OF RESOLUTION]

Ayre sighed with a smile on her face. "WING OF RESOLUTION... What a beautiful name, Raven."

<<Thanks, partner.>>

Ayre then switched back into business mode. "The Xylem is beginning its descent. Now... we just need to destroy the ramjet engines. Let's put an end to this, Raven. We're going home. To Rubicon... the world you saved."

And yet he nearly destroyed it too as well. But no matter, WING OF RESOLUTION was already beginning its drop.

"...We'll also need to prepare for re-entry." Ayre added, "Be ready to escape once we finished."