Ch.7: Wall Market Pt.1

Start from the beginning

After passing through a collapsed expressway and fighting through a dozen monsters and goofy bandits, the trio arrived at a park.

"There it is, the gate to Sector 7

"There it is, the gate to Sector 7." Said Aerith. "Looks shut. How do we open it?" Asked Cloud. "More importantly, how about we take a break? Sound good?" "No. We don't have time for-" "Sure. We'd love to chill for a minute." Interupted Y/n. Aerith smiled and looked towards the top of the slide. "Up there looks nice." She said as she began to climb towards the top. "Come on!" Cloud reluctantly followed her up. Y/n smiled and walked towards a lamppost. "Not gonna join us, Y/n?" Aerith asked. "I'm good right here." Cloud shook his head, knowing what Y/n had done.

While Cloud and Aerith had their moment alone, Y/n's mind began to recall the moments before he departed Insomnia. He stood before his father in the throne room, having just asked him for permission to leave for Gaia.

 He stood before his father in the throne room, having just asked him for permission to leave for Gaia

"Is that what you truly wish for, Prince Y/n?" His father, King Regis Lucis Caelum, asked his son. "It is. I know with growing tensions between Niflheim make it dangerous to leave the kingdom, but I really want to see my friends again." Regis rose from his throne and walked down towards his son. He looked deeply into the young man's e/c eyes that he got from his mother. Regis thought for a moment before giving a smile. "Perhaps it is time for you to be in control of your own life. When I found you all those years ago, I never wanted to leave your side, but you're a man now. It's time I began to treat you as such." Y/n smiled. "Thank you, father." Regis nodded. "Although I do wish you were taking the others with you." "I'd love to, but this is something I want to do alone." "Then I wish you the very best." He placed his hand onto Y/n's shoulder. "Walk tall, my son."

Y/n's attention was suddenly drawn to Aerith jumping down the slide, followed by Cloud. "Come on, Y/n." Aerith waved him over. The young man looked at his friend who seemed sad.

"Here." Aerith gestured into a crawl space underneath a different slide. "Huh?" Cloud remarked. "This won't take long." Aerith crawled into the space. "Wanna get into the Sector 7 in style? This is the passage way for you." She crawled back out and Y/n inspected the space. Aerith turned to Cloud and the two looked deeply into each other's eyes. "So..." They both said, causing Aerith to chuckle. "Go ahead." She said. "You gonna be okay getting home?" Cloud asked, not really wanting to leave her side. "And if I said I wasn't?" "I'll go with you." "I thought we needed to get back?" Y/n asked, trying his best to hide a smile. Cloud gasped, causing Aerith to chuckle. "Don't worry. I have a backup route for emergencies. And it's safer too."