The Confrontations

Gün Agha entered inside Nurbahar Sultan's chamber. She was sat in her throne reading a book and drinking a cup of tea. Slowly the Agha approached her and went near.

- Sultanim, - he said in a calm voice.

- What is it Gün Agha? What has happened? - she asked curiously

- His Majesty, Sultan Mehmed Han, has requested you tonight at his chamber, - the man answered again calmly.

Turhan thought for a second than a spark lit up in her eyes.

- Is it for halvet? - she asked and than smiled when she saw Gün Agha nodding his head in approval. 

- Ayşe, - Turhan said again, to one of the concubines standing next to the chamber's door, - tell them to make ready my best dress. The Sultan will be amazed!

After a while few more concubines entered the room with perfumes, jewels, and the dress in their hands. Gün Agha left his mistress in privacy. The girls helped her dress, a red kaftan with golden embroidery, and helped her get her hair done. In the end, like the cherry on top, they applied on her neck, a fragrance of rose, jasmine and lavender. Now she looked magnificent!

Then she left the room, went down the stairs that led to the main lobby of the Harem and accompanied by her two maids together with Idris Agha, headed for the Golden Road.

It had been almost two weeks that the Sultan didn't request to see her. He had spent time with Fatma Sultan, who had just given birth to Şehzade Ibrahim, and with two of his Favourites, Beatrice Hatun and Helena Hatun. Tuesday was their day of Halvet, but his Majesty, often seemed to ignore this fact. Anyways, now he had personally called for her and nothing could ruin this night. Her heart was beating fast as she stopped in front of the aghas guarding the small corridor leading to his room. 

- Inform his Majesty that Nurbahar Sultan has arrived, - said Idris Agha to one of the guards.

Nurbahar could already imagine him, dressed in his nightgown, waiting with open arms for her.

- Sultanim, - said the guard making way for her to pass.

The door of his chamber opened, and there he was: smiling as she moved closer and closer until they were only a kiss away. Well, not anymore.