RIVAL - M. DN x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Are you done bitching and moaning about that free kick?" Danielle suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Language," I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Look who suddenly cares about etiquette," Danielle teased.

"Really now? Cus for a second there I thought you were going to kiss me," I raised an eyebrow.

"I almost did, but I figured kissing the ball with my feet would make you fall faster!" Danielle started to giggle in that annoying way she always does.

I never understood her.

Danielle was such a tease. She knew just how hard we both had worked for what we had, yet she never took any of it seriously.

"What? Cat's caught your tongue?" Dani kept teasing.

"I was just-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence when Danielle suddenly interrupted, "You were just checking me out?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and gave her a quick glance.

- Danielle POV -

"So what if I am?" Y/n suddenly asked.

My cheeks started to burn up and I felt a little embarrassed, but I quickly noticed that Y/n was giving me their same old annoyed look.

"Ugh, you're as annoying as always," I clicked my tongue in frustration.

Y/n was always so damn clueless.

To Y/n, everything was about our rivalry. It didn't matter if I was blatantly flirting or teasing, Y/n only saw me as their enemy.

"Wanna grab a drink?" I tried grasping at straws.

I had never talked to Y/n for this long. It almost felt like I didn't know what to do after some light teasing and banter about who was the best.

"We're still playing," Y/n furrowed their brows.

"I mean the championship game won't be for another week. One night of exploring Paris isn't going to kill you," I tried to tease.

I took a deep breath and dug their hands inside their hoodie.

"Don't you care that we're rivals?" Y/n exhaled.

"Not really. All I care about right now is about having a good time and relaxing!" I chuckled in amusement.

"Right, cus the protégé has nothing to worry about. You've been backed up by the very best since you were a kid. Practically grew up with a soccer ball at your feet. Always on kids' TV with the right people to get you there," Y/n started to get really annoyed with me.

I always understood the discrepancy between Y/n and I. Yet, Y/n never understood that marketability always beats a protégé story.

The public was always a sucker for a good underdog story.

"You want food or not?" I rolled my eyes.