VRU . V - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

Y/n had to flip-flop back and forth between being Hanni's doctor and being her URF. The reason being...

Hanni wouldn't listen when Y/n was just being friendly.

"I don't understand why I have to relearn who my parents are or who my friends are or where I went to school. This is stupid," Hanni kept complaining.

"Miss Pham," Y/n glared at her.

"It's dumb. I already know all these things," Hanni rolled her eyes.

Y/n put down the chart in their hands and sighed in annoyance.

"Once you've downloaded, you'll most likely suffer from various physical and psychological issues. I need you to at least be able to ground yourself with information about yourself. I'm not even sure if you'll be able to see with your own eyes or if you'll have any memory issues, but I need you to do this. It's just a precaution," Y/n explained.

- Hanni POV -

I sighed out of frustration.

Y/n was very strict when in their doctor mode. It made things scarier for me.

Y/n was no longer holding back about the potential side effects I would suffer once I migrated back into the real world.

Light sensitivity, possible blindness, delirium, psychosis, depression, chronic body pain, anxiety attacks, bone fractures, gastrointestinal problems, etc.

There was an endless list of side effects that came with being downloaded.

Apparently, all the side effects I could possibly suffer were part of the small print when accepting your VRU injection.

In a way, I did all of this to myself and I had nothing to complain about....

But on the other hand, Y/n sometimes wouldn't be as compassionate when delivering the information to me.

"Ooww!" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my ribs.

"What's wrong?" Y/n started to panic.

"I don't k-know... it h-hu-hurts," I could barely get the words out.

"Hanni, look at me. What does it feel like?" Y/n cupped my face to get me to focus.

The pain was unbearable.

It felt like I was dying.

"I don't know!! It hurtsssss!" I started to cry.

It felt like my bones were caving.

Suddenly....,

The light in my sector started to flicker on and off.

Y/n looked around a little confused.

"Y/N!!!" Minji suddenly materialized into my sector.

"Doctor!!" Sakura also joined in.

"Y/n, there's a worldwide power outage. I'm on my way right now, but you need to log off. The Pham Estate has a generator, but you need to log off right now!" Sakura began to tell Y/n what was going on in the real world.

"I'm not leaving Hanni in here!" Y/n protested.

The whole time, I felt like my lungs were on fire and my bones were breaking into each other.

"I'm on my way too. We'll figure something out. Just know that you can't help Hanni if you're stuck in here with her!!" Minji yelled at Y/n.

Suddenly, random strangers were randomly teleporting in and out of my sector.