Part II: The Art of Healing

Author's note: Sorry for the delay! I've been busy with orientating with my new job and have started night shift. Enjoy! :)

_____________________________

Andromeda shivered against the cold, goosebumps beginning to form across the surface of her skin. Her clothes were saturated from the rain and did not offer any protection from the endless gusts of wind. She kept her eyes shut and tried to focus on Ominis in the hope it was enough to distract her from the elements and the persistence of this storm.

It seemed impossible as she tightened her grip and burrowed her face on the top of his shoulder. Andromeda was about to ask if they should find some form of shelter to wait it out when she noticed a sensation of warmth trickling down the length of her body. Her trembles and goosebumps had simply vanished. It felt like someone had tucked her into bed, bundled up in a warm duvet. Her eyes gradually opened to see that it was still raining, but it did not have any effect on her.

What was happening?

Andromeda studied the back of Ominis' head and wondered if there was any correlation. He must have felt her trembling so hard against his back. Did he somehow cast some sort of warming charm? She didn't hear him say a word unless she had suddenly gone deaf.

Before she could ask him any questions, a glimpse of light caught the corner of her eye in the distance and immediately interrupted her train of thought.

Home.

Ominis picked up the pace by lengthening his stride. He must have sensed that the cottage was within sight and was determined to get there as quickly as possible. Right when they got to the door, he busted it open with his wand and rushed over to set her down on the sofa.

Andromeda observed Ominis as he flicked his wand several times over her head, curious about what exactly he was doing when she realized her blouse, skirt, and stockings were no longer sticking to her skin. She was completely dry. There was not a single drop of water on any item of clothing after being stuck in the rain for hours.

"Was that a drying charm!?!" Andromeda looked down at her blouse, her hands trailing to the end of her skirt. "Did you cast a warming charm as well?"

Ominis nodded as he cast the same drying charm onto himself. "Yes."

"I don't recall learning those in class! How on earth did you know them?"

"We didn't learn them in charms." Ominis knelt and grabbed a pillow to set on the sofa. "After I found you outside the catacomb, I went to the library to do some research and found a book that had some basic charms that I thought would be useful in the future. It turns out I was right..."

"Oh..." Her cheeks were flushed, and she was certain that it was not from the warming charm.

"Now..." Ominis patted the pillow in front of him. "I want to take a look at the extent of this injury."

Andromeda slowly swung her legs up and rested her left ankle on the pillow. She leaned over to unlace her boot when Ominis grasped her forearm and gently pushed her back. "Let me handle this."

Ominis pointed his wand at her boot to undo the laces. He then carefully placed a hand underneath her calf and the other at the heel of her boot. "This is most likely going to hurt."

"Just get it over with."

Andromeda looked away as Ominis took off her boot in one swift motion. A shot of pain radiated from her ankle up to her leg, causing her to let out a piercing cry. Tears began to burn behind her eyes as she sucked in a stuttering breath. Ominis carefully set her foot down onto the pillow and shuffled over to frame her face with his hands with his lips brushing over her cheeks to kiss any tears that had managed to escape. His sudden affection towards her made Andromeda break out in sobs, her heart aching for all the terrible things she said to him earlier in the day.