Ch-1 Loathing

Minji stared at the bruises on her stomach through the mirror, she's not sure when this one will go away but she's sure it'll last for a while.

She grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste, rinsing it with some water and brushing her teeth drowsily, she just woke up for fucks sake.

"Ms. Kim? Your driver is waiting for you, your brother is already in the car." The maid said through the door, her voice muffled yet still clear.

"I'll be there," Minji called out.

As she exited her bathroom, getting down to being greeted by the same maid "your parents are going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks." She said, her eyes never meeting Minji's, plastered to the floor.

"Oh? Took them long enough." She said, adjusting her jacket and taking one last look at the mirror before getting her backpack and heading to the car.

...

"What do you think about this one?" Ning asked, she was showing her the 15th picture of a boy she claims attends their school that almost look an alien that snuck onto earth.

"I didn't know it was humanly possible to be that ugly, how do you even know these people?" Haerin asked, as Minji diverted her attention to her lunch, it was finally lunchtime and she wasn't going to waste another minute just having to stare at her food.

"Met them at some parties they threw, oh yeah you guys should definitely come to this party." She exclaimed, and just as she finished her sentence, the one and only person she despised walked in the cafeteria.

"Is that her new boyfriend? I've never seen him before." Ning added. Hanni's the school popular girl, the queen bee, and the worst of them, the girl that for some reason despises her. Hanni is the perfect example of the girl that everyone wants and loves, she's beautiful, which Minji had to admit, she'd be lying if she said she looked anything less than perfect, her makeup was always done and her hair fell perfectly on her shoulders, the most beautiful girl she have laid her eyes upon, if she didn't have the personality of a trash bag.

"Wow, she really does have a new man every week." Minji said.

She was sitting at the table beside them, and Minji made sure she was subtle about stealing glances so her friends wouldn't notice, she just couldn't ignore such beauty, could you blame her?

"Wait... Oh my god isn't that jenna's brother? That hockey player." Yeji said, putting her phone in her pocket, accidentally hitting Minji in the process.

Minji groaned as she felt her arm make contact to her skin, that shit hurts like hell. "Did I hit you? Wait but I barely touch-" She said hurriedly, being cut off by Minji.

"It's not from you, don't worry." She said, still holding her side with a small smile.

"Is it him again?" Her question was answered by a hesitant nod from the other girl.

She sighed "What made him angry this time?" Ning asked.

"My grades were lower than Bomgyu, but don't worry about it, I'm fine." She said with a smile on her face.

"But your grades are so good?"

"my grade in Math got lower than the beginning of this year." She replied, taking notice of how horrified her friends looked "And... how much did bomgyu get?"

"A full mark, I'm proud of him though, it's not his fault that they push him to be the best." As much as she hated thoes tantrums they would throw about their grades, she was glad that her brother was able to keep his grades stable, she wasn't the only one being mistreated, after all.

And just when she wasn't looking at her- "Look who we've got here, everyone." Hanni announced, her group standing right behind her. Talking to Minji as her usual smug smile was apparent, still looking as stunning as she always does. And there was Ning looking around her group, but then losing interest when she doesn't find who she was looking for.

"Hello to you too, were you looking for me?" Minji said, at this point nothing have worked to stop Hanni but putting her off, her quote is if something out of the ordinary is happening which in this scenario is Hanni watching her every move, act like the craziest person in the room, though she did love the confused expression she always flickers to but tries maintain the same face she had.

"Me? look for you? As if." She scoffed, her eyes never looking away from her target.

"Come on, you don't have to pretend, love." And now her eyes were showing  hatred in them, did she anger her too much? Even if she did, she could never ignore that cute look on her face, making her smile uncontrollably, as she always does when she sees her.

"And what are you smiling for, Kim? Do you think I'm telling a joke?" Oh she is angry, but oh well, she could go on for a little bit longer before she explodes.

"But that's breaks my heart, Pham, I was anticipating your arrival." Minji pushed, making a gesture of her heart breaking by putting her hand above her chest and trying her best to act hurt. She should stop, but how could she when she's looking at her like that, and even better, she gets to see her beautiful eyes staring back at hers, as enchanting and alluring, she wishes to stare at them for eternity, if she had the chance to. She didn't know how she became this poetic over the girl's features, but it's Hanni after all, so who cares?

"You should stop before I have a record on my file for attempted murder."

"Babe, leave her. She's not worth your time, we need to get to class." Her little new plaything said, caressing her arm softly as she looked over to him.

"Right. Let's go, I'm beginning to get mad." She said, not bothering to spare a glance back at her.

"You two should stop being at each other's throats." Ning said, her eyes plastered to her phone as she sipped her drink, they were used to her fighting with Hanni anyways.

"Can't help it when she insists on humiliating me. And I love the look on her face when she's mad, it's cute." She sat back into her chair, resting her head on Haerin's shoulder.

"Cute? I think we have different ideas of what cute means." Haerin said.

"Probably." She added.