"So, how's Erica?"I asked, snidely.

Rachel pressed her lips together, "She's great." She glowered at me and I turned to watch the TV. I was not going to survive this without getting burned.

Blaze

"Just for tonight, Star,"I loomed over my little sister who was shaking her head, "I don't give a shit that it's a school night. Sapphire has been through a lot and you and Rachel and the asshole can talk shit about me somewhere else."

Star sighed, "What are you up to? Why is she here? Your girlfriend? Come on, Blaze!" She was very protective of the people she loved and she clearly liked Spooks.

"I like her," I said, trying to sound honest.

"You're a liar, big brother," she mocked, "I know what you've done to the other girls. Why her? What did she ever do to you?"

Nothing and everything....

"I swear I will lose my shit if you don't do this for me, Star,"I wasn't playing around and she knew it. She knew I was capable of damn near anything.

"Fine!" She stomped off, "Be glad Rachel was just about to be picked up by her dad anyway. I'll just catch a ride."

"What are we doing?" Rachel flaunted into the kitchen.

"Can I stay at your place tonight?" Star pointed at me.

Rachel hated me, but I didn't care, "Sure. My dad won't mind. Get your stuff."

Star hurried to her room to gather her things while I lingered in the kitchen with Rachel.

"I'm sure you've texted Erica?" I smirked, allowing myself to be nearer to her so she could see what she was missing. Rachel might have hated me, but she wanted me. This wasn't an ego thing, this was truth. I guess she hadn't told Erica about our little fling right before Erica and I started dating. She knew what she was missing.

"I did," She wanted to be near me, "You're a slut, Baxter. What are you doing with Sapphire Soper? She's a little low on your standards scale, isn't she?"

Before I could reply, there she was. Standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips was Spooks Soper, my "girlfriend."

She turned in the other direction and headed up the stairs.

"Great one, Rachel,"I said, pushing her out of the way and heading after Spooks.

Before I even got to the top of the staircase, Sapphire turned around with fuming eyes and pointed a figure at me, "If you want me tonight, you'd better tell your little asshole friends to stop talking about me or so help me God I will push you down these stairs."

Sapphire

I have no idea where it came from, but I was inches away from doing just that. I wanted him to suffer. I wanted Rachel and Erica to suffer and know what it was like to be me for one day.

"Baby, I'm sorry," he tried to reach for me, but I kept trudging up the stairs. Star opened her door and watched us stand inches apart on the landing, "Please, don't be mad."

"Sapphire, can I talk to you?" Star motioned for me and I could tell Blaze was angry. He gave a warning look to Star before I pushed passed him and into her room with her.

"Listen, if you need anything at all, call me!" She begged, "I'm serious. If you feel uncomfortable or you need to bail, please please please text me or call!" She hugged me and I reciprocated. I felt safe at the moment and I didn't know why. She held me tight like she knew what was happening.

"I'm only a few miles away, OK?" She pulled away and smiled, sheepishly.

"Thanks, Star," I smiled, "Stop by the library to work on the project tomorrow?"

"Of course!"She grabbed her bag and took my hand, "Spooks, I really have missed you in our lives, and if Blaze is the man you want to be with, I am so happy for you."

I lost my smile and she noticed it. She squeezed my hand and lead me out of the room where Blaze was standing with his arms crossed, a dark look shrouded his face.

"Are you done talking about me?"He looked at Star.

"She's happy for us," I said, as she huffed passed him and down the stairs.

"Remember what I said, Sapphire!" She called as she and Rachel headed out the door, "Call me!"

"I will!" I called back, staring at Blaze.

We heard the door close and a car pull away moments later. I studied his face for what seemed to be forever and then it hit me:

I was alone with Blaze Baxter and he was my boyfriend.

He moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, dragging me into his bedroom.

"Now that I've saved you and you do owe me, let's finish what we started."