3. The Award Night

Magsimula sa umpisa

I got ready in a black tuxedo with a crisp white shirt underneath, along with a black bow tie.

(Abhimaan's outfit)

(Abhimaan's outfit)

Getting ready, I went downstairs to meet my whole family there. Ma and Chachi were dressed up in beautiful sarees, Adi and Kunal both in suits, chachu in a silk kurta and Vaani in a beautiful gown. And also the list included my bua, the one I like the least in the family. After her divorce, bua live with us, but to be very honest, I don't like or appreciate the way she behaves with maa and Chachi. She always wants to gain superiority over others. She was also wearing a black silk saree.

We got in two cars. Maa ,Chachu, Chachi and  bua in one, and me, Adi, Vaani and Kunal in one. I was driving our car with Adi on the passenger seat and Vaani and Kunal in the back seat bickering the about something. It was the first time Kunal and Vaani were attending the night with us, because they were not really comfortable with the crowd and the Paparazzis.

We reached the venue and got off the car. Well, Kunal and Vaani still were not ready to reveal their identities as royals so they were guided through the back entrance whereas the other family members approached the red carpet. Paps were taken, questions were thrown and barely any responses were given by us. We entered the venue, and got to our designated table where the duo were already waiting. The venue were full of recognised personalities. Be it be from the film industry or the sports or art or the political field.

We took our respective seats and the function began. Dances, musics graced the night and it was exciting to be honest. And finally it was time for the awards.

Ruhanika' POV

With a high rush of adraline through my veins, I entered the venue with Priya. Thank God no Paparazzi shits were there for us because we're barely known to anyone and the paparazzis to click us.

Entering the venue, a chauffeur cum attendant guided us to our table which was again thank God the table was a little far from the buzzing celebraties.

Both Priya and me were happy with the fact that we were atleast able to make our way upto this which is a lot to us. Though she kept nagging on the fact that it was solely my credit, but I knew, she had a share in this achievement. We spot some of the most b-town celebs, cricketers and footballers, politician, singers, dancers and even some notable fashion and architecture designers.

I was looking in a daze into the glamour when Priya broke my trance

"Ruhi, isn't that Riya Taneja? Is she also invited?" She asked and I noticed at the way she was pointing at.

Riya was wearing an offshoulder fishtail gown with a beautifully done makeup. She actually belonged from a rich family. Her father was a well known businessman in Rajasthan. We also noticed our boss and his family.

Again, I repeat once again my greek good like boss was successful in making me staring at him without a blink. He was talking with some men and was looking devilishly handsome and charming with that black tuxedo. Once again my trance was broken with the waiter who served us snacks and drinks and both of us being non-alcoholics, went for mocktails.